The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Far too early to write us off. I am confident we will be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season. I feel as though the players heads have been turned by the World Club Cup. Similar to last season just before the World Cup. Once the World Club Cup is done performances will pick up. Pep will find solutions with the players we have. Come on City!

We will be there in March even if 3 or 4 points off the top

We may not hit top stride all season, but I'm not sure we need to be to be in the mix come May

After a horrific last 6 weeks results wise, we are still only 6 points off the top assuming Liverpool win today

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a shock result today

We may not hit top stride all season, but I'm not sure we need to be to be in the mix come May

After a horrific last 6 weeks results wise, we are still only 6 points off the top assuming Liverpool win today

If there is it will come at the Emirates because the rags will get an x-rated bumming today

The return of Kev will obviously help and he will provide the creativity and ammunition for Haaland. We also desperately need Stones back who will help with our defensive and control issues.

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel yet, but things need to change quickly. I'm hoping yesterday will be the kick up up the arse the team and Pep need and we can go on one of our runs.
I hoped Spurs and Villa provided the necessary kick up the ass but alas no. I think we need to win at Everton and Newcastle to get back into serious contention. If we drop 4 or 5 points over the next few games that's it I fear. Maybe it's down to the two cups this year?

Pep is only human and is allowed to be tired or to make mistakes. He wants success more than the fans. It's his job and his life. It's not like he has decided to have a rest this season or to make experiments for the sake of it. He realizes that winning 4 league titles in a row is a unique opportunity. But the players are only human, too. Our problem is that we can't stay concentrated, which may be due to mental fatigue from last season. Or complacency. Also, we were probably a bit lucky with injuries last season. Now we aren't, and we aren't lucky in that the opposition scores from random chances or mistakes. We are going through a difficult period. The reason is not that Pep or the players are not professional enough. That would be a ridiculous complaint, given what they've achieved over the last 5-6 years.
I would never say Pep is being unprofessional. I could not agree more that he is only human. That's exactly why he can experience professional difficulties like anyone else. I'm sure he's more upset with our recent form than anyone but that doesn't mean he's not a part of the problems the team is currently going thru. The two things are not mutually exclusive. Needless to say if he doesn't start getting things right soon we won't be winning anything this season. People want to point to what we've been missing in terms of injuries, suspensions, new players, etc. Every manager in the Prem is dealing with those things. What did Roy Hodgson have to work with yesterday? You'd have to say much less than Pep. He's the man in charge and has earned many plaudits over an illustrious managerial career but no one is immune from scrutiny. I can guarantee you no one wants him to turn things around more than me. Just as much yes, but not more...

Last edited:

Big problem with a growing gap to the dippers is that we still have to go there. Maybe a win at the cult will inspire a dramatic fightback?

Maybe yeah.
I’m in a position now where I just want us to secure top 4 at least Adam. To win the thing would be an enormous bonus.
We need go get this club world cup won and take it from there, I also don't think we have what have what it takes to I win the league this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.