The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can live with the Chelsea result and Villa result, but dropping points to Spurs and Palace were massive dents in the title charge. I thought the two latter were both fucking awful. Spurs were arguably even worse. They didn't even defend well, Palace at least did that IMO.
And yet in both them games we played some very good football.

There isnt a stand out team this season all the challengers are vulnerable in one way or another and some are scraping victories against mediocre teams , we can hold on to the fact we can only get better , if we can field a settled team involving Stones,KDB & Haaland for 2024 , we will be in the mix.

we need rivals dropping easy games where they are expected to win. has not happened so much yet. on the contrary for example Villa winning games where no one expected them to win and win them regularly.
today would have been a good opportunity, they played Thursday night away in Bosnia come back to an away game Brentford, 1-0 down in 70th minute, but still find a way to win.

we need them to drop points alongside us picking up form and much more points.

2 points per game avg is what we have now, that is 76p over a season. we need to do better than that for a title.

Just as we’re still in a battle for the title, I’d contend we’re also in a battle for top 4.
Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool, they’re taking it in turns to get ‘champions’ results (ie. late winner after late winner), whilst we’re doing the polar opposite
This is exactly it. We need to understand that top 4 is all important. I'm sure we will get that but by the time we get back from Saudi even with games in hand, if 3 teams are 8+ points ahead of us then it is going to be hard to rein all of them in.
Teams are winning games they shouldn't and people are missing sitters and we are conceding daft goals. Makes for a tough period right now.

Just as we’re still in a battle for the title, I’d contend we’re also in a battle for top 4.
Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool, they’re taking it in turns to get ‘champions’ results (ie. late winner after late winner), whilst we’re doing the polar opposite
Yep it’s amazing how our composure has disappeared all of a sudden. That used to be Peps strong point.

I can also put the post up from posters who's arse had gone and had thrown the towel in this time last year too. Get a fuckin grip.

View attachment 101632
View attachment 101633
There is a substantial difference between last year and this year. We had better midfield play and a defense that wasn’t leaking in goals consistently. I was certain we would catch Arsenal last year. It is silly to to put up last years league table and not acknowledge the profound differences between last year and this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.