The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not relly as there is no pressure pre new year unless you badly fall behind, if we are still 4-6 points from top of the expected 2 rivals for it then the march fixtures with be a big factor, as I say before then anybodies, for us if we are still in with a shout then March is important

You need to read your own post or amend it. You said till March it was anybodies. Got to ring Vinnie back now and tell him he won't be winning it now:-)

We're not playing well, Scousers not playing well, Arsenal sneaking results, not even halfway though the season. I'm not worried, plus we clearly have one eye on the FIFA Club World Cup which, may I remind others, you can only enter by winning your club's continental Championship, of which we are Champions of Europe.

Let the media spunk over Arsenal and Aston Villa. We wait for our injuries to heal up and then we go into the new year (hopefully) as World Champions of Club Football, ready to defend our crown for an unprecidented, fourth consecutive time.

So your saying it might be easier to chase down multiple teams rather than one? Err okay:-)
No mate. You said "We are good at chasing down a team rather than 4 or 5 of them."
I'm simply pointing out you can't know that, because we've never had to do it :-)

We shouldn't have to keep relying on it though and it can't continue forever.

I don’t think it’s possible to play at the required intensity over a full season. We know when to put our foot down and I’d imagine we’re pretty much where Pep thought we’d be. The big unknown this season is what KDB comes back like. If he’s firing and stays fit, we win it.

We don’t have the same number of points through 17 games as last year, so we aren’t at the same level from a purely quantitative perspective even if you want to cast the eye test aside.

The argument I constantly see made on here is essentially we went on a run the last couple years so we will go on a run this year as well.

That is like saying because a stock outperformed the market the last two years it will again this year. Our past body of work doesn’t guarantee us anything this year.
I think you've missed my point, in that there were people saying that last year's team weren't good enough, at this point last year.

Fast forward a year, and they're saying the same thing about this team. The only trend, is that it's the same people saying the same things, where they've already been proven to be wrong by judging the side at this stage of the season.

We won't need to go on a run to win the league this season, just actually get our shit together, and start turning draws into wins. We've been dreadful according to some in here, and are 5 points off the top, and if Arsenal can't win at Anfield next weekend, we'll be 4 points behind the leaders assuming we win our game in hand.

We're not playing well, Scousers not playing well, Arsenal sneaking results, not even halfway though the season. I'm not worried, plus we clearly have one eye on the FIFA Club World Cup which, may I remind others, you can only enter by winning your club's continental Championship, of which we are Champions of Europe.

Let the media spunk over Arsenal and Aston Villa. We wait for our injuries to heal up and then we go into the new year (hopefully) as World Champions of Club Football, ready to defend our crown for an unprecidented, fourth consecutive time.
Champions of Europe really is Best Club Team in the World, but let's make it official as World Champions!.

Why race to the title in the first half of the season, when you can fool others into thinking we are done,
But the one thing they all missed is, when you need to go full-on when it's the run in, you then have the legs to go that extra mile

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.