The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
beat Everton somehow, then Sheffield at home, I really hope we will be closer than 5 points to the top end of calendar year. then exactly two weeks between Sheffield and Castle league games. gives us some time to relax, recharge power with only one FA game vs Huddersfield in that period. maybe some warm weather the week before Castle game (or after)

nothing is lost yet but we do need to put in serous improvement even to just reach 84 points. thats 50 points more from possible 66.

beat Everton somehow, then Sheffield at home, I really hope we will be closer than 5 points to the top end of calendar year. then exactly two weeks between Sheffield and Castle league games. gives us some time to relax, recharge power with only one FA game vs Huddersfield in that period. maybe some warm weather the week before Castle game (or after)

nothing is lost yet but we do need to put in serous improvement even to just reach 84 points. thats 50 points more from possible 66.

Only 63 available, 21 games left!

Got to say all good points mentioned there. I think it's worth mentioning the defence though. In all those recent drawn games we were worthy of the win, but some of our defending has been mid table level at best. This is then emphasising the other shortcomings in the squad tenfold. The defence has got to sort it's act out.
Agreed but its the whole team defending as well as the individual errors.

Rodri has looked exposed at times which is unusual...it happened in his first season here and its happening now and that to me says its more about the balance of the midfield.
Walkers individual form has fallen off a cliff.....Gvardiol is new so its difficult to criticise and he is only young but there are things he needs to improve on.
There are times as well as that the back four (thinking of specific examples with Dias, Akanji and Gvardiol even Ake) have got sucked into diving in in the middle third in deseperation and getting turned easily...this again points to a lack of balance in the midfield and things getting too stretched.....

Except that Grealish created the most chances in the Champions League last season, as per the official stats.

But then I'm assuming you'll just come out with some bullshit about how those official stats don't count/are worthless etc, as you'd rather chew your own arm off than give Grealish any credit. Sometimes people's opinions against players are so biased as to be worthless.
Nothing to do with bias....chance creation as KDB himself has said is a pretty worthless stat...but lets not listen to him hey...he clearly knows fuck all

Agreed regarding the fitness of Rodri, but to a lesser extent Stones as I think he's always had injuries throughout each season.

As for Kev, just having him back on the teamsheet gives us a fear factor again, even if he's not at full tilt.

Liverpool lose Salah in January don't they? They'll be wondering who will score the goals. Arsenal have to hope they can keep Saka and Martinelli fit, as the drop off in quality is no different to ours.

As you say, all things well, our best is still the best, let's just see how it all pans out, still loads of variables and ifs and buts.

EDIT: just did a quick check in on Stones, and prior to this season, he's only played in 100 league games in the last 5 seasons. Quite remarkable really, with his highest being 24 in 18/19.
Yeah stones has always been a bit iffy with regards to staying fit...such a shame

As long as we qualify for the Champions League next year, I can live with us not winning the Premier League this season, but, considering the injuries, we are still in with a shout, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, not even half-way through the season yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.