The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grealish and Alvarez shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of KDB and David Silva in terms of creativeness.......neither are anywhere near the same level and never will be.
Alvarez is a very good centre forward who has been trying his best to fill in but it isnt what he is about....he is a great finisher and a striker who would get in the starting 11 of most other prem teams.
Grealish has never been creative and its a myth that he is
They could have kept things ticking over until KDB's returm

With Kev back in training to lift my mood looking forward to the rest of the season

I am quite sanguine about things tbh - we always go on a post Xmas run and we are good at chasing down a leader. Don't get me wrong sometimes the points in the bag feels more comfortable but I just know that no league title was won or lost in December

I just know that no league title was won or lost in December
Never forget Real Madrid had Cassilas, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Cambiasso, Beckham, Luis Figo and they lost 5 games in a row at the end of the season to lose the La Liga title!

Great player? Yes certainly. And I agree I would have preferred him to stay, but the club have to think medium to long term even at a risk to the short term. It’s worked fine in the past and will again.

But losing one player wouldn’t or shouldn’t make such a difference in a team like ours.
Probably lost too many in a short period of time.
Along with Gundogan we have lost regular contributors like Laporte, Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus, Cancelo, and Mahrez.
If we had kept maybe 2 or 3 of these and gradually introduced the likes of Palmer, Lavia, McAtee, Lewis etc. I think it would be a more fluid introduction.
One of Kabore, Couto, Porro could have come in as an " apprentice" to Kyle.

Doku looks top quality, when fit, but the others don't seem to have added anything.
Only time will tell but I would have preferred calling in the buy back clause on Douglas Luiz and Lavia than money spent on Philipps and Kovacic.

Doku looks top quality, when fit, but the others don't seem to have added anything.

Too early to tell. New signings need time to show what they are capable of. Txiki and Pep have done great so far, pointless to question their judgment. It's impossible to get all transfers right, but they do things better than virtually all other people in football.

Also, people were quite unhappy with how we performed up to February last season, many thought the squad was weak. And then the same squad won the Treble.

I think current squad is exceptional. Nothing is guaranteed, but if we are not unlucky with injuries, referees, etc., we are likely to be pretty good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.