The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite generally being confident that City will use the winter to put together a run of wins and in doing so increase the pressure on everyone else - there is still a bit of me that knows we cant get away with it every year. At some point we will not be good enough to maintain the standards we have become used to and someone else will take advantage. So, I'm wary of the over confidence that seems to be creeping on here - just because we have done it before doesn't mean that we can do it again. Yet, this is a wonderful group of players - even though some are learning Pep's ways, and some are even learning the ways of the Premier League - I can see enough to suggest they can put a good run together - will it be enough, I don't know - but as ever it will be fun & interesting to watch!

It's about probabilities. Nothing is set in stone. That we went on a run in previous seasons does not guarantee it will happen again. We are likely to lose a close title race in the future. But we are favourites for a reason. Of course, that we are favourites guarantees nothing. It means only that we are more likely to win than the other contenders due to the quality and experience of the manager and the squad. Injuries, refereeing decisions, luck, etc. may change the probabilities. Can see some people throwing the towel if we lose at Anfield and are say 4-5 pts off the top. I think that if we are within 5 pts off the top after Anfield, we are likely to win, unless we have injuries to key players like Rodri and Haaland. Even if Liverpool and/or Arsenal look in great form in March and likely winners, things may change quickly in April and May. It's a funny old game.

I just think that everything within the club is geared up to peak at the right time, the most important time.

Pep knows when the trophies are won, and at what point during the 2nd half of the season that we need to be getting into 5th gear.

I'm adamant that this is why we look a bit laboured these last few months, whilst still managing to get points on the board.

You'd imagine that the strategy would be to save legs wherever possible, knowing that its a long season.

We've looked a different side from Feb/March onwards for the last few seasons, and at some point you've got to assume that there's some method to the madness.

I just think that everything within the club is geared up to peak at the right time, the most important time.

Pep knows when the trophies are won, and at what point during the 2nd half of the season that we need to be getting into 5th gear.

I'm adamant that this is why we look a bit laboured these last few months, whilst still managing to get points on the board.

You'd imagine that the strategy would be to save legs wherever possible, knowing that its a long season.

We've looked a different side from Feb/March onwards for the last few seasons, and at some point you've got to assume that there's some method to the madness.
There is absolutely no doubt that our training regime, management of players and general MO is consciously and carefully crafted to assume that we will be fighting on three fronts as the clocks go forward and to reach our peak around that time, possibly a few weeks prior in early March. There are lots of strategic and practical reasons for this approach which will be supported by and rooted in previous experience.

This approach has worked again and again, and whilst that doesn’t guarantee it always will, it clearly gives us a good chance of success, given our resources and experience.

Anyone have any idea when our game in hand with Brentford will be played? Or will we be the only team in the league who has to face Brentford with Ivan Toney twice?

You think they will win all their remaining 19 games?

You think they will win all their remaining 19 games?
They won't lose any, they have been back at it * asthma help imo since post world Cup. The PL will help them too, Bingo's whinging post Spurs all but guaranteed that support

We are also incapable of getting a result at their cesspit, due to the feral mob of a crowd, coach bottling, our lads freezing/adverse reffing/ VAR. Then other teams roll over for them, plus they seem to make effective use by scoring in added minutes, unlike us, who concede this season.Such a travesty our winning goal disallowed at The Etihad which would have given us another 2 points.

However I would love to be wrong about this as I destest them, but unfortunately see no losses for them, just draws, wins and positive Var decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.