The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Arsenal likely win this game v Fulham, but in the overall context of the season I’m not worried about them at all because I just don’t believe they are good enough to win titles and they never have been.

I’ve said it before but the first half of last season was a freak exception to the rule for Arteta’s Arsenal which they’ve been dining off ever since to appear to be title contenders. In reality they got away with highway robbery to win several games they didn’t deserve to win and they haven’t achieved results at that level since. Look at it this way:

1st half 23/24: 40 pts
2nd half 22/23: 37 pts
1st half 22/23: 47 pts
2nd half 21/22: 34 pts
1st half 21/22: 35 pts

Spot the odd one out.

35-40 pts per half season is quite obviously their natural level. Not good enough.

When they repeat the trick I might believe they’re title contenders, but they are not a team capable of putting together 85-90 point seasons. Last season with their flukey half-season they still only got 84.

This incarnation of the Liverpool team are a bit of an unknown quantity and I think they pose the real threat.

Bournemouth (away)
Chelsea (home)
Arsenal (away)
Burnley (home)
That would apply if Egypt reach semi finals as they would have to play 3rd/4th place game if necessary.
Cheers. Three potentially tricky games there without Salah.

Us or the dippers.

I’d rather Arsenal than Liverpool but given they’re bottling it in record time this season, that won’t be happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.