The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the kind of stuff we heard about Arsenal last year.

Being in a title race is different. If Villa were up against Spurs and Arsenal they'd have a chance, but against Pep and Klopp they're just stalking horses.
That's why I put the caveat about Liverpool or City going on a run.

In the seven seasons since Pep arrived at City, Liverpool have finished the season on 76, 75, 69 and 67, with those 60s in two of the three most recent seasons. Even City have had finishes below 90 more often that above it.

Given both teams have had average starts to the season, it wouldn't be a surprise if a team won the title with mid 80s.

Just because Arsenal dropped off massively doesn't mean everyone always drops away. Remember we all said the same about Leicester, and they won easily in the end.

ps. Arsenal were also "ok" for the end of the 2021/22 season, and then way overperformed in the start of 2022/23. Aston Villa's results have been a lot more consistent.

Last edited:
Looking at what we’ve got coming up between now and Liverpool it’s perfectly conceivable we could win nine on the spin, which is a quarter of the season. Would be great going to Anfield not being desperate for three points.

We could

But as we've seen, teams including ourselves often drop points here and there when it's not expected, its part of the game.

I do think our worst form is behind us now and we'll start picking up plenty of points though. We will drop silly points between now and the back end of the season, as will everyone else. But our knack for racking up points when it matters is still better than other teams and it'll see us through I think.

Honestly, people need to stop becoming so obsessed with us having to 'go on a run'.

Even if we just continue to get our act together, we'll win the league by a few points.

Teams are taking points off each other, and the way the season has gone, would it really be a big surprise if Newcastle got something tomorrow night?

We look a bit laboured as of yet, but things seem to be slowly picking up, and we've got arguably the two best players in the league to come back in within the next few weeks.

Literally, if they stay fit, we will win the league; I think it's as simple as that.

“Delux Spurs” hahahah love it
But more like those really disappointing hotel delux rooms that you pay an extra £20 for and can’t tell the difference to standard as in they’re both the same but think they are better as spent more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.