The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As you said we need to tighten at the back that means stopping the counters, that's why I think Pep will prefer Jack in those big tight games.

We were quite stable in defence with Doku vs Liverpool, they had two shots on target. They scored just after Haaland missed a good chance created by Doku (and Alvarez missed another good chance created by Doku minutes before that). Thus this 'stability' point is a bit overstated. It's not like Doku loses the ball much more often or doesn't tackle or something. His pass completion rate is pretty good.

I'm happy with them both. There are trade-offs with using them, wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them in the starting XI. Nice conundrum for Pep to have.

We will both drop points in games against other clubs, but that game against each other at Klanfield will be a very big one indeed!

I can see the title being won with 87-88 points this year. Looking at our remaining fixture list, I can see where 45 points are coming from but to get 48 means we're most likely going to have to win at either Anfield or Spurs. Obviously, doing the Dippers would be preferable!

It's not like Doku loses the ball much more often or doesn't tackle or something. His pass completion rate is pretty good.

I'm happy with them both. There are trade-offs with using them, wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them in the starting XI. Nice conundrum for Pep to have.

I agree with the trade-offs comment. Doku doesn't track back like Jack and I don't think he has the same stamina. Jack's by far the better defender. Doku's pace going forward over 3-5 yards is electric but he seems to get outpaced every time when chasing back over 20-30 yards.

I can see the title being won with 87-88 points this year. Looking at our remaining fixture list, I can see where 45 points are coming from but to get 48 means we're most likely going to have to win at either Anfield or Spurs. Obviously, doing the Dippers would be preferable!
Problem is this season is proving very unpredictable we could anything from 30 - 55 points in the second half... A real 'who knows' year. Realistically, after a long lay off KDB may struggle, Johnny may keep breaking down, we may keep dropping points late on..who knows - we could smash it though, that's the beauty of this year - April will see some of the wood from the trees cleared!

Why not both? Spurs running hot & cold, at best…but will probably be full strength by then!!

What an 11 that is!
What i really like is that it allows for the bench to look good. And it also allows changes that are required for different games. Grealish for Doku. Akanji/Gvardiol as CB RB LB cover. We can play 4 CB system, we can bring Nunes, Kovacic, Rico, off the bench in midfield, we can also insert Bobb on the wing. Phil can play anywhere up top. Alvarez as well, can play anywhere in the front.

It looks and feels better than it did in my mind about a month ago.

Feel bad for Stonesy, if only he could be fit enough for a couple of months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.