The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perfect timing. Chelsea hitting a bit of form before they play us. They’ve not been able to scrape a win or hit a barn door for months. Saying that, Chelsea did score 2 goals in injury time. Palace imploded again.

I think it is considerably more about that. We're better all over the pitch than Chelsea. On the other hand, if we go back to missing virtually unmissable chances as with the first half of the season, anything could happen. Glad we got a clean sheet the other day. I'd like us to start lining those up again.

next 3 games for each club:
Arsenal:
Burnley away
Castle home
Sheffield away

this is simple 9 points imo, Castle defence turned to shit these last few weeks, worry is the other two will let Arteta build up even better GD.

Liverfool:
Brentford away
Luton home
Forest away

wish it wasnt 9 points but can see it go that way, maybe one of away games a draw? Brentford would help us or themselves? Toney put the bet on Liverpool apparently already. they also have the Carabao final in between these.

City:
Chelsea home
Brentford home
Bournemouth away

we really need these 9 points, I am sure its not the same Chelsea that will turn up that fucking folded like a bag of beans at Anfield recently.

and then if its 9 points for each 3 clubs next 3 games which is quite likely, than we arrive into crunch games vs rags and Liverpool early March and we need to arrive in top top form for those games and not lose Rodri KDB etc through injuries. Rodri also need to watch out for yellows in the meantime.

what I seen from Palace and WHU vs Arsenal Palace conceding 5 for fun at Emirates and WHU happily lube up for Arteta days ago conceding 6, no one is standing up for these.and these are London rivals ffs.

Arsenal:
Burnley away
Castle home
Sheffield away

this is simple 9 points imo, Castle defence turned to shit these last few weeks, worry is the other two will let Arteta build up even better GD.

Liverfool:
Brentford away
Luton home
Forest away

wish it wasnt 9 points but can see it go that way, maybe one of away games a draw? Brentford would help us or themselves? Toney put the bet on Liverpool apparently already. they also have the Carabao final in between these.

City:
Chelsea home
Brentford home
Bournemouth away

we really need these 9 points, I am sure its not the same Chelsea that will turn up that fucking folded like a bag of beans at Anfield recently.

and then if its 9 points for each 3 clubs next 3 games which is quite likely, than we arrive into crunch games vs rags and Liverpool early March and we need to arrive in top top form for those games and not lose Rodri KDB etc through injuries. Rodri also need to watch out for yellows in the meantime.

what I seen from Palace and WHU vs Arsenal Palace conceding 5 for fun at Emirates and WHU happily lube up for Arteta days ago conceding 6, no one is standing up for these.and these are London rivals ffs.
Games are not played on paper though. I think Noocastle could get a result. Brentford could equally get something. Chelsea appear to be hitting some kind of form. I think we’ll come out with more points than both scousers and the South London club.

Games are not played on paper though. I think Noocastle could get a result. Brentford could equally get something. Chelsea appear to be hitting some kind of form. I think we’ll come out with more points than both scousers and the South London club.
I don’t think we will get more points than both of them, I hope you are right though.

No Jack at Anfield could be a problem and the title race could swing on that.
The dippers will no doubt be saying the same thing about TAA as he's such an important player for them.
Injuries and how you deal with them are such a key part of winning a title as it's so rare a team gets through a full season without being impacted. I'm confident that whatever Pep comes up with if Jack isn't fit by then will work.

The dippers will no doubt be saying the same thing about TAA as he's such an important player for them.
Injuries and how you deal with them are such a key part of winning a title as it's so rare a team gets through a full season without being impacted. I'm confident that whatever Pep comes up with if Jack isn't fit by then will work.
Good point about Trent Alexander my friend, however Pep’s record at Anfield reads 1 win, 2 draws and 3 losses; are you still confident that whenever Pep comes up with if Jack isn’t fit by then will work? I’m not.

Last edited:

City have had to deal with Kdb missing for half a season and Haaland missing for 2 months. Not to mention John Stones being in and out who was a massive part of the run in for the treble last year. Pep has managed this and kept City in touch with the top of the table.

Arsenal:
Burnley away
Castle home
Sheffield away

Liverfool:
Brentford away
Luton home
Forest away

City:
Chelsea home
Brentford home
Bournemouth away

No point prediting which games teams will drop points,there are always unexpected points dropped and those can be the ones that decide the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.