The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have a track record for flapping, but in previous seasons we have controlled games with purpose and had the best head to head on "big 6" clubs. I haven't seen the former yet, and the results on the latter speak for themselves. When we get our best 11 on the pitch we look like world beaters, but it's barely happened and the drop off when squad players come in feels significant. I wouldn't put it past Pep and the boys at all, but the fact we have to play both Arsenal and Liverpool when they've already played each other means, to quote the Star Wars films, I have a bad feeling about this.

Optimistically, this Liverpool side are not the Liverpool side of 3 or 4 years ago so they will give us opportunities without us having to be our best. And honestly I can't read Arsenal at the moment. So lots to play for.

We have only been outright favourites in mid February once in the modern era...Centurians season.

We have had to win it in the last month,the last week,the last day and the last minute.

2.1 down v QPR
1.0 down at Brighton
2.0 down v Vanilla

8 points behind the rags
8 points behind arse
14 wins on the bounce to beat the dippers

42 points to play for including agin arse & dippers

This team are in contention for for immortality...
Four in a row
Back to back CLs
Back to back Trebles

It's time for ALL City fans to show some fecking balls, stop nit picking over 3 missed chances and 2 dropped points and get right behind this team starting on Tuesday night....and stick behind them all the way to the bloody end.

19th May...Champions
25th May...FA Cup Winners
1st June...CL Champions
at WEMBLEY

Three consecutive weekends AGAIN to achieve success and immortality....we must drive this team on because this may never,ever happen again.

Do your duty !!

more worried about dippers as apart from the actual top teams not many clubs can stand up to them and get a result.
dippers lost points so far in these fixtures:
Chelsea away draw
Spurs away loss (infamous VAR communication blunder, somehow these audios never shared after City games)
Luton away draw
City away
rags home draw
Arsenal home draw
Arsenal away loss

all top teams except the Luton game, it means anyone outside top7 or so is beaten by the dippers so far
now they have 13 games left and only 9 of them are not against above tricky clubs. (I wont class their next Pool-Luton game tricky)

basically they have Pool-rags, Pool-City, Villa-Pool and maybe Everton-Pool, Pool-spurs at a stretch where there is a chance of them not winning(fully expect Dyche to lie down to Klopp and Emery too, Ten Hag the clown, Postecoglou and Pep gives him a game hopefully), but they also can also win 2-3 of these easily. other 8-9 games left is likely a win hard to see Forest, WHU, Fulham , Palace , Sheffield, Brighton etc to trouble them, much more like dippers on a 2 goal lead already at HT vs these...

we are really on a tight rope due to our points lost so far, and we aint blowing team away that much this season, we often couldnt kill off teams from a lead letting them equalize, we can make a real struggle to beat some ordinary team too or making their defence/keeper a hero, while Pool or Arsenal rips apart them at HT recently.

imo its unlikely 83-84 points would be enough, more like 85-87 very much needed imo.
for that we would need 32-34 from the available 42 maximum.
very hard with still to play:
Spurs away
Pool away
Villa home
rags home
Arsenal home
Palace away
Brighton away

etc.

we can afford potentially 4 more draws or 1 loss and 3 draws of 14 games left. any worse than that imo wont worth title win.

but also I can see dippers winning 10 more games, draw 3 or win 10, draw 2 and lose 1. thats 90 points or 89 points. near impossible for us to match that with above fixtures still left to play. of course even the likes of Palace went and lied down to everyone last few weeks except at Etihad and now they change manager and we face a much different Palace I bet,same as Chelsea beaten by rags, Castle, Pool comfortably only for them to find some form before the City game and ride out a draw...

lot depends on the dippers-City game early March. lose that and we give them incredible belief, added motivation, momentum that they can do it.
or win that and we can peg them back, self doubt can creep in for them etc.
draw aint helping us much (Arteta would be licking his lips tho), but of course hell of a lot better than a loss.
cant see us winning there given how many times we went there sometimes even in much better form that what we have these days and shit the bed, that Mahrez pen miss as the crux of it, last min pen to win finally there and he fires it above few years ago...

We have only been outright favourites in mid February once in the modern era...Centurians season.

We have had to win it in the last month,the last week,the last day and the last minute.

2.1 down v QPR
1.0 down at Brighton
2.0 down v Vanilla

8 points behind the rags
8 points behind arse

Four in a row
Back to back CLs
Back to back Trebles

It's time for ALL City fans to show some fecking balls, stop nit picking over 3 missed chances and 2 dropped points and get right behind this team starting on Tuesday night....and stick behind them all the way to the bloody end.

19th May...Champions
1st June...CL Champions
at WEMBLEY

Three consecutive weekends AGAIN to achieve success and immortality....we must drive this team on because this may never,ever happen again.

Do your duty !!

This - 100% this.

As much as I want to moan (and belive me, I fucking moan), it isn't gonna change anything.

John stones not playing is a big loss.

He offers control both defensively and offensively, aids Rodri and protects the back 4.

If and it’s a big if, John can stay fit we go back to 3 and shut up shop. Strangle hold teams like last season.

No point worrying about liverpool & Arsenal fixtures, they will walk most of the games if the last two weeks are anything to go by. City need to revert back to the previous winning system.

Far too open against teams by playing too many attackers. Doku and Alvarez should be used as subs. Jack and stones starting would be a big help.

We’re better than Liverpool if we start the team that started against Copenhagen.
However I still can’t see us going to Anfield and winning in Klopps last game there against us with all the emotion and wankfesting.
I just can’t see it happening.

He needs to forget playing Akanji and Alvarez in midfield sharpish. Especially with Bernardo sitting on the bench

2.1 down v QPR
1.0 down at Brighton
2.0 down v Vanilla

8 points behind the rags
8 points behind arse

Four in a row
Back to back CLs
Back to back Trebles

19th May...Champions
1st June...CL Champions
at WEMBLEY

Do your duty !!
Different team this season and we are coming off a treble season so it’s not the same . We will struggle at Liverpool to get anything if we rock up with arkanji in midfield.

Probably need something at the dippers now and maybe a win. We also have three other games to navigate before we visit them. Not sure we can get beyond 84 or 85 points so we need them to start fucking up. Then of course the Arsenal are still in the equation. While most still expect them to implode I am not so sure.
More chance that we implode this season tbh .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.