The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"It's difficult. You're up against a machine that's built to win -that's the simplest way to describe City and their organisation," Trent Alexander Arnold told Four Four Two. "Looking back on this era, although they've won more titles than us and have probably been more successful, our trophies will mean more to us and our fanbase because of the situations at both clubs, financially. How both clubs have built their teams and the manner in which we've done it, probably means more to our fans."

Lol
Is this a recent interview?

"It's difficult. You're up against a machine that's built to win -that's the simplest way to describe City and their organisation," Trent Alexander Arnold told Four Four Two. "Looking back on this era, although they've won more titles than us and have probably been more successful, our trophies will mean more to us and our fanbase because of the situations at both clubs, financially. How both clubs have built their teams and the manner in which we've done it, probably means more to our fans."

Lol
He doesn't really believe that, it just takes away a little of the hurt ha

They really do believe this myth about then working on a shoestring budget, don't they?

Like Utd, they've started to believe their own bullshit.
Don't be unkind. It was heart warming to see their kids defeat Chelsea (OK so Chelsea had a younger average age than Liverpool but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story). Then tears of joy rolled down my cheeks as youth product Van Dijk (who cost absolutely nothing) powered in the winning header.

Then at the weekend they won in the last minute with free transfer Darwin Nunes scoring the goal. They are just like Luton with their budget, God bless Liverpool.

If we get a draw at Anfield and beat Arsenal, I think we will win it. Got a sneaky feeling the Rags will get a draw at least against the Dippers.
One thing that genuinely surprised me as a Londoner supporting Arsenal is when I go up to Manchester, often the cab drivers are United fans and to a man they'd much rather City win the league than Liverpool. City are seen as local rivals but with Liverpool there's a genuine hatred there.

You don't really see that with the London sides - they'll have local rivalries (Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea etc) but it's unlikely an Spurs fan would want Arsenal to win over any other side.

One thing that genuinely surprised me as a Londoner supporting Arsenal is when I go up to Manchester, often the cab drivers are United fans and to a man they'd much rather City win the league than Liverpool. City are seen as local rivals but with Liverpool there's a genuine hatred there.

You don't really see that with the London sides - they'll have local rivalries (Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea etc) but it's unlikely an Spurs fan would want Arsenal to win over any other side.
There definitely is a an irrational hatred between those two mobs. From the United perspective, a big part of the desperation for anyone to win the league but Liverpool is because that stops the scousers from drawing level with them on 20 titles.
It’s one of the few things they can still hang on to these days!

Bookies still have us as favourites. Presume we won't be if we get beat next week.

Bookies still have us as favourites. Presume we won't be if we get beat next week.
You aren't going to get beat. Clear as day you're a better team than Liverpool. Foden will make mincemeat of Liverpool's static defence - a better team than Forest (ie most teams in the PL) would have put Liverpool away.

That being said I'd expect many of Liverpool's big guns (eg Salah) to be back but how match fit can they be?

When you think of the luck they've had in games.
Newcastle - a man sent off early on and were trailing and Newcastle still managed to fuck it up.
Wolves away - Wolves missed chance after chance first half and Liverpool came back in second half
Fulham at home - 2 late goals to win it
Palace away - Palace were 1 up I think? Game changed on a very harsh sending off
Forest - 99th minute winner after Forest had 2 chances to hoof the ball out of play and the ref made a fuck up a minute beforehand.

I'm sure there are others i'm forgetting

It doesn't usually come down to one game, but with the fact we've got a harder run of fixtures than our rivals I'm in the position of thinking if we lose at Anfield we won't win the league. If we win we will. If we draw we should! Someone remove this fence from my arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.