The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"It's difficult. You're up against a machine that's built to win -that's the simplest way to describe City and their organisation," Trent Alexander Arnold told Four Four Two. "Looking back on this era, although they've won more titles than us and have probably been more successful, our trophies will mean more to us and our fanbase because of the situations at both clubs, financially. How both clubs have built their teams and the manner in which we've done it, probably means more to our fans."

Lol
Fucking bollocks

Deluding himself and playing to the cult

Don't be unkind. It was heart warming to see their kids defeat Chelsea (OK so Chelsea had a younger average age than Liverpool but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story). Then tears of joy rolled down my cheeks as youth product Van Dijk (who cost absolutely nothing) powered in the winning header.

Then at the weekend they won in the last minute with free transfer Darwin Nunes scoring the goal. They are just like Luton with their budget, God bless Liverpool.

Both assisted by another youth product as well, that did not cost any money at all.

280m, in those two key goals alone.

"It's difficult. You're up against a machine that's built to win -that's the simplest way to describe City and their organisation," Trent Alexander Arnold told Four Four Two. "Looking back on this era, although they've won more titles than us and have probably been more successful, our trophies will mean more to us and our fanbase because of the situations at both clubs, financially. How both clubs have built their teams and the manner in which we've done it, probably means more to our fans."

Lol
Ah, the organically built squad at a cost of only £664m*

Source: Planet Football link

Saw this on the redscouse's shit forum:

"Even at their best, they still couldn't beat us at Anfield except behind closed doors. They tend to shrink and they're not that good anyway.

They got bossed by Villa. Anyone can watch the highlights of that game back to see how we can hurt them by moving quickly between the lines and pressing them.

They hate transitions because they're not equipped to deal with them. An ideal game for them is a one where they can pass slowly before giving a widenan to inject pace. They are too vulnerable to counters for an end-to-end game."

Looking forward to seeing what this **** says this time next week

There's no way the fixtures haven't been planned so that we have United. Liverpool then Arsenal back to back. Seems to happen every year around this point in season with champs game in between.

There's no way the fixtures haven't been planned so that we have United. Liverpool then Arsenal back to back. Seems to happen every year around this point in season with champs game in between.
Better now than in April when CL QF and SF are close to being every midweek. I’d rather avoid playing our title rivals then.

Better now than in April when CL QF and SF are close to being every midweek. I’d rather avoid playing our title rivals then.
Yes, come through March relatively unscathed with hopefully a win at anfield and things may look a bit brighter.

Last edited:
Weve got the toughest run in & i think it will go down to the wire but i still fancy us to come out on top
I think that stat is largely down to having Scousers and Arsenal back to back. Get through that then rest of our schedule is pretty reasonable - really only Spurs away looks difficult. I am confident we will beat Villa at home and Brighton away.

Liverpool - 63 points​
City - 62 points​
Arsenal - 58 points​
Sheff Utd (A)
City (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brentford (H)
Everton (A) - Date TBD
Brighton (A) - Date TBD
Chelsea (H) - Date TBD
Brighton (H)
Arsenal (H)
City (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Villa (H)
Luton (H)
United (A)
Palace (A)
Brighton (A)
Palace (H)
Luton (H)
Villa (H)
Fulham (A)
Spurs (A)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (A)
Forest (A)
Spurs (A)
Spurs (H)
Wolves (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
United (A)
Wolves (H)
West Ham (H)
Everton (H)

That's how I see it, we have the slightly harder fixtures but easier finish to the season. Arsenal and Liverpool want to be ahead by the end of April.

Liverpool have the easiest games left. If they continue to get the decisions on top of that, they should walk it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.