The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best in English football history is Spurs from 1960-61 who won their first 11 games of the season.

All the next best are those above from the PL era.
I think the scum won something like their first 10 games under Atkinson around about 1983 or so. Don't think they got anywhere near winning the league that season.

Mad that both Chelsea and United are out of the title race in September.

We'll have an idea of how serious this Liverpool team is before the next international break when they start their Thursday night/Sunday afternoon games against West Ham, Spurs and Brighton.

If we win everything, including away at Arsenal, in the same time frame then the rest of the league is going to be shitting them selves.

Last edited:
I think the scum won something like their first 10 games under Atkinson around about 1983 or so. Don't think they got anywhere near winning the league that season.
That was 1985-86. They won their first 10 games and had 41 points after 15 games - a pace that had they maintained it would have given them around 115 points for a 42 game season. They then totalled 35 points from their last 27 games and finished in fourth place, 12 points behind champions Liverpool.
Atkinson was fired in the December of the following season.

Yeah that was an awful couple of months, the hype around them was sickening. I think it was away at Luton where their run ended.

Next 5 league games (added other comps for context):
19th Sept - Crvena Zvezda (H) - CL
23rd Sept - Nottm Forest (H)
27th Sept - Newcastle United (A) - EFL Cup
30th Sept - Wolves (A)
4th Oct - RB Leipzig (A) - CL
8th Oct - Arsenal (A)
-----International Break----
21st Oct - Brighton (H)
25th Oct - Young Boys (A) - CL
29th Oct - United (A)

They look tougher, no reason we can't go 7 for 7 before Arsenal (A). If we beat Arsenal (A), we could break the spirit of the chasers early on going into the international break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.