The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sadly our home form has possibly cost us a 4th consecutive PL title. Dropped points at home against Liverpool, Spurs, Palace, Chelsea, Arsenal, 10 points. The killer was Palace at home. As for away, Chelsea. 2 points. I’ll take the away defeats. It happens. 12 points lost via draws. We’d be pissing the title by now if we’d turned those draws in to what should have been wins, bar maybe Arsenal.
We had a perfectly good goal chalked off vs Liverpool. In the Spursy game Grealish was robbed with having a chance in injury time. Palace was bad and that was the only game where there wasn't any extra influence. Wolves away was the game where we should have got the draw (the winning goalscorer was lucky to still be on the pitch). Chelsea we should have had another penalty and it was a bad error for the equaliser from Dias.

Pretty much gone as expected so far. No team has surprised. Last night's result was probably the first decent result from one of the 3 teams.

Liverpool (67)​
Arsenal (68)​
City (67)​
Sheff United (H)
United (A)
Brighton (A)
Palace (A)
Palace (H)
Villa (H)
Luton (H)
Fulham (A)
Wolves (A)
Spurs (A) TBD
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (A)
Forest (A)
Spurs (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
United (A)
Fulham (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (H)
West Ham (H)

Corresponding teams this season:
Liverpool - 22 points from 27.
Arsenal - 15 points from 24.
City - 17 points from 24.

Basically no team is winning out but whoever does has a chance.

Liverpool favourites then us in my opinion, Arsenal's games are tough.

89 points wins it.
PiGmol are saving our Spurs Away game for a tactical game week.

If we pull away by a few points it will be inserted as the following fixture as soon as they can.

We had a perfectly good goal chalked off vs Liverpool. In the Spursy game Grealish was robbed with having a chance in injury time. Palace was bad and that was the only game where there wasn't any extra influence. Wolves away was the game where we should have got the draw (the winning goalscorer was lucky to still be on the pitch). Chelsea we should have had another penalty and it was a bad error for the equaliser from Dias.

Bar Arsenal and Chelsea at home, we were winning in the other 4 games. We shouldn’t have ended up drawing 4 of those 6 games with 4 late goals conceded. That’s 8 points.

Just don't see it this year. Always prefer the races where we play the other team. Feel like we are having to work very hard for our goals yet everytime Liverpool swing a boot at the ball, it flies into the top corner.

Need to get that pressure on in the next 2 games and see how they go.

Bar Arsenal and Chelsea at home, we were winning in the other 4 games. We shouldn’t have ended up drawing 4 of those 6 games with 4 late goals conceded. That’s 8 points.
Liverpool were highly fortunate at the Etihad. You could even say the game at Anfield they were gifted away back into the game although no qualms about the penalty.

Cmon mate it’s not all down to conspiracies because if that’s the case Liverpool would have beat us with the 98 min penalty and would have beat arsenal hone and spurs away . We have ourselves to blame if we don’t win it .

Just don't see it this year. Always prefer the races where we play the other team. Feel like we are having to work very hard for our goals yet everytime Liverpool swing a boot at the ball, it flies into the top corner.

Need to get that pressure on in the next 2 games and see how they go.

same. we're just not the same beast as in previous seasons.

WE will drop points. I'm not sure the others will

same. we're just not the same beast as in previous seasons.

WE will drop points. I'm not sure the others will
I don't agree. We were nothing special until we hit our stride last season - albeit with more games to go. I am confident arsenal and the dippers will drop at least 4 points each. I think we will probably need to win all our games and if we do we will win the title. Liverpool are bigger bottle jobs than most give them credit for and I can see arsenal imploding once they have a bad result. The last few years have taught us that our lads can get their heads down and grind out a long winning streak at this end of the season.
If we don't and the others do, then fair fucks to them

It's easy to say what shouldn't have happened, but context matters. And the context is that it takes super human efforts to be in with a chance for back to back trebles. That is to say, regrets about draws here and there after winning the Treble the previous season and still competing for the Treble this season are largely pointless.

Personally, I'm grateful City are still in all big competitions. Imo, anyone betting against City is likely to lose money.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.