The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think we will win it by 10 points.

I hope you are right. But this season we are in uncharted waters. It's not a given we will be fresh and fit enough. We had many injuries and problems after the domestic quadruple. But back then the team was aging: David, Kun, Ferna, Ota...Now we have a very young attack and most players are under 30.

If we are relatively injury free and fresh after KDB comes back, we'll be favorites for the title.

Important next 2 games. Wolves away is a tricky little fixture to get through and then avoiding defeat at the emirates leaves us at least 4 points ahead of Arsenal and in the meantime Liverpool play Spurs & Brighton away in their next 2 games. I think we’ll know a lot more in 2 weeks… Big 2 points dropped for Arsenal but we shouldn’t underestimate the momentum they’d get from beating us.

We’re playing like European champions, without arrogance I might add. Teams are frightened before they step foot on the pitch. Defensively we have been strong, without John. Creatively we’ve been excellent, without KDB and after losing Gundo. Our attacking prowess is phenomenal even after losing Mahrez, one of our highest goal scorers last season. We haven’t hit 3rd gear yet and we’re going to hit teams for 5 or 6 when we do.
Whoever steps in for Rodri will do a job, make no mistake about that. In fact, may be a blessing in disguise to get a rest.
But, and this is a big but, it’s a marathon not a sprint. After a very long, emotional and triumphant season and short pre season we have started very, very well but we won’t get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time and lets see where we are come early January, lots of football to be played and points to be won/lost.

Unless we get absolutely decimated by injuries this season I can’t see us not retaining it again.

What a boost it will give everyone if we’re top of the league in Dec/Jan when KDB rejoins the group too.

Just can’t see any of the other lot outdoing us over 38 games

What's the biggest margin we've won the league by?

I think we'll beat that this year whatever it is

Only the Scousers have the fire power to challenge us. But we have the defence and midfield.

What's the biggest margin we've won the league by?

I think we'll beat that this year whatever it is

Don't think that will happen. If we have a big lead in the league we'll concentrate on the CL and domestic cups. When we won 100 and 98 pts, we didn't reach the semis in the CL.

We'll be without KDB for another 3 months. I don't get why people are so optimistic to think we are going to win the league by 10-20 pts. Recency bias? IF we win, it won't be by more than 5-6 pts, imo.

Don't think that will happen. If we have a big lead in the league we'll concentrate on the CL and domestic cups. When we won 100 and 98 pts, we didn't reach the semis in the CL.

We'll be without KDB for another 3 months. I don't get why people are so optimistic to think we are going to win the league by 10-20 pts. Recency bias? IF we win, it won't be by more than 5-6 pts, imo.
I simply cannot see us getting fewer than 95 points. Have you seen our team? We are stacked with world class talent throughout and have the greatest goalscorer of the era, alongside the greatest manager of all time.

All our rivals have glaring weaknesses and will top out at 80-85 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.