The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from Newcastle (who had a patchy start) we haven't really played anyone yet.

Let's see where we are at after the end of October.

Still think we are favourites but we have a pretty difficult month in October of which we have to also go away to Leipzig and Young Boys in the CL. Nice games in regards to opposition but games we will still likely play our first XI.

Don't think that will happen. If we have a big lead in the league we'll concentrate on the CL and domestic cups. When we won 100 and 98 pts, we didn't reach the semis in the CL.

We'll be without KDB for another 3 months. I don't get why people are so optimistic to think we are going to win the league by 10-20 pts. Recency bias? IF we win, it won't be by more than 5-6 pts, imo.
We will win the league, there's no if about it. We're head and shoulders above Liverpool, who will be inconvenienced by probably winning the Europa League, and for just not having the depth defensively or in midfield to see a title challenge out.

We can see already that it'll be between ourselves and Liverpool; Arsenal will be out of the title race by Christmas.

I always feared Liverpool this season, I just don't think they've the squad depth to see it out alongside being in Europe.

Apart from Newcastle (who had a patchy start) we haven't really played anyone yet.

Let's see where we are at after the end of October.

Still think we are favourites but we have a pretty difficult month in October of which we have to also go away to Leipzig and Young Boys in the CL. Nice games in regards to opposition but games we will still likely play our first XI.
I get what you're saying, but Liverpool haven't played anyone either then?

Newcastle, Villa, West Ham? We've played 2 of those and you can't count Chelsea as a tough game given their God awful start.

We don't have to beat anyone to prove out capabilities. No one can match us over 38 games.

We will win the league, there's no if about it. We're head and shoulders above Liverpool, who will be inconvenienced by probably winning the Europa League, and for just not having the depth defensively or in midfield to see a title challenge out.

We can see already that it'll be between ourselves and Liverpool; Arsenal will be out of the title race by Christmas.

I always feared Liverpool this season, I just don't think they've the squad depth to see it out alongside being in Europe.

They'll play mostly squad players in Europe, especially if they have the chance to win the PL. No doubt about that. In contrast, we'll try to reach another CL final. Also, they have enough senior players, more than we do. They have enough depth for the league.

Too early to tell about Arsenal, too. Nothing is set in stone. We are favourites that's all.

The Bin Dippers squad is bigger than ours. They have 19/20 senior pro’s in their first team squad, compared to us who have maybe 16/17 senior pros…

Will they take the Europa seriously if they are in with a shout come Jan/Feb??

The Bin Dippers squad is bigger than ours. They have 19/20 senior pro’s in their first team squad, compared to us who have maybe 16/17 senior pros…

Will they take the Europa seriously if they are in with a shout come Jan/Feb??
Our squad overall is far superior to anyone else's. The flexibility we have is immense. And, we have the best players in any particular position, imho.
What a time to be a blue :-)

I simply cannot see us getting fewer than 95 points. Have you seen our team? We are stacked with world class talent throughout and have the greatest goalscorer of the era, alongside the greatest manager of all time.

All our rivals have glaring weaknesses and will top out at 80-85 points.

I will be very surprised if we won more than 92-93 pts. It won't be necessary to. Plus, football is not played on paper. One can't predict injuries, fatigue, suspensions, referee decisions, etc. Let's not pretend that KDB is not a very important player, too. Optimism is a good thing unless it's not a bit silly.

People could make a lot of money from betting on us getting over 95 pts. I wouldn't do it even though I'm optimistic about the season. If we lose vs Arsenal, the mood will swing in the opposite direction: we miss KDB and Gundo, Nunes and Doku ain't ready, etc.

They'll play mostly squad players in Europe, especially if they have the chance to win the PL. No doubt about that. In contrast, we'll try to reach another CL final. Also, they have enough senior players, more than we do. They have enough depth for the league.

Too early to tell about Arsenal, too. Nothing is set in stone. We are favourites that's all.
Eh, there's no way Liverpool won't try and win the Europa?

Also, how have they got more senior players than we have, we won a treble last season, and have lost 2 or 3 and brought 2 or 3 in. Also, the experience gained from winning a treble eclipses any seniority that any other club has.

Arsenal don't even look as good as last season, but I'm not saying they won't improve. But last season they were foot perfect from flag fall, which hasn't been the case this season.

Could be a 7 point lead on them if we beat them at their place; that's them out the race IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.