The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s been there nearly 4 and a half years, there’s pressure on all three teams here. It’s less on City as they are chasing. It must be disheartening in North London and Merseyside seeing a City team that hasn’t hit the heights of last year still within striking distance 7 games to go.

I said there is pressure on all 3 teams. Chasing? A point? Give it up. Anyone can win it and 2 lots of fans players and managers will be peeved but for the winners it will be fucking brilliant.

I don't see the need to pretend otherwise or make false statements as a defence mechanism.

Define 'best'
Coz 18/19 was sensational, two genuinely world class teams going machine for machine.

This race feels like the best of the worst bunch.
I agree with @BringBackSwales this will be the best season. Football works in cycles and we are working in a lot of new players and to do that whilst still winning is a major feat because you are up against a team further along their transition (Liverpool, although it looks like they will have to reset next season) and a team at the top of their cycle (Arsenal).

Last edited:
I'm confused lads, I thought after the Arsenal match City were done and had blown the title, with maybe an FA Cup as consolation? Now you're going to win it

One match at a time. Someone will blink first. City know what to do and can go on autopilot if they remember the settings but best not think too far ahead and just take it game by game

Game by game you say? If you were a footballer it would definitely be Gael Cliche

And a wrong one, in my opinion. 2019, in the face of a ferocious opponent, tops the lot for best achievement. Part of a treble, we had De Bruyne missing for 75% of the season, achieved the second highest points total ever at that time, and won our last 14 games when 13 wins and a draw would not have got the job done.
And in the face of some luck for scousers from hometown ref decisions to opposition keepers repeatedly throwing the ball into their net

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.