The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon the key is the forthcoming Champions league ties. If we lose to Real Madrid over 2 legs and Arsenal beat Bayern then the pressure of 2 big competitions and so many games will do for
Arsenal. I don’t believe they could win both competitions. This scenario would massively strengthen our chances of winning the Prem, with Liverpool likely to go very deep in Euro Cup on Thursday nights too.
Likewise if we beat Real Madrid then our chances of winning the league and FA Cup as well as Champs League will be a bridge too far this season. I don’t believe we will cope with so many games in such a short period, with more injuries very likely.
It’s a conundrum for sure, but also very exciting.

come on City, come on City!
We seem to perform well when the pressure is on and we're playing a game every 3 days.
We've had two 4-1 wins on the trot, I think the lion is beginning to awaken, just need for the pressure to get to the other 2 teams.

Just got through ep5 of the doc. Looking at how we played in the PL during this period last year, I remember it being more efficient than amazing.

On Saturday i thought we played absolutely fantastic from mins 10-80.

We ofc have to go game by game, but having listened to the short Pep snippets, he will absolutely know what to say to get them through this. Last year we matched the scum. This year we could set a record that might never be surpassed.

It’s going to be a massive rollercoaster. Most of it won’t be enjoyable. But i know the lads will put absolutely everything into it. And if we can focus on us rather than what those 2 get up to. I wont be surprised if we’re lifting at least 2 trophies by the end of the season, and one could well be our fourth in a row

Ive loved another Premier league season where there’s been twists and turns. (I refuse to say EPL….. sorry, it’s perhaps an age thing)
Some of our football has been sublime, some not so.
Take 2 out of the top 5 players in the World out of a team for months on end and you’ll see a difference in performance levels.
Context is everything.
I agree on KDB but who's the other one who was out for months on end and is best in the world ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.