The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
STOP COUNTING YOUR FUCKING CHICKENS!

Most of us a feet firmly on the ground and if some fans are saying we going to win it now that's fine to! You now why because we have Pep who is and always been a manager who keeps the players feet firmly on the ground plus our players will know it's going to be tough with still 6 games left all to play for...

We could possibly have 12 games remaining this season compared to those 2 probably having just 7.
More risk of fatigue, injuries and mental pressure for us, but the rewards would be off the scale.
I'd be absolutely buzzing if we won the league again by fending those 2 red tops off.
The scar tissue it would leave on those 2 clubs will take years to heal.
Our boys are heroes no matter what they win this year. To be in this situation again so soon after winning the Treble is mental

I am preparing to watch match of the day and a Northern Irish prick introduced it saying you can just hear the celebration from Stockport. I hope the person who said that dies.
Really? They’re usually very careful not to give the results away.

EDIT: unless you mean the person doing the sports section on the news?

Last edited:
Here's a thought. They are both playing at the weekend while we play Chelsea. They will be under so much pressure to win and not give us a points advantage with a game in hand. It will be fascinating to see how they react after two tough, and hopefully disappointing, midweek games.

Squeaky bum time :)

It may all be over before we play Spurs, hopefully.

You are right,but exit from Europe takes physical pressure off them, while we have a game every other day.
We haven't got through yet. And if we do I'd rather they lost than we have two games in two weeks against Arse (A then H) rather than Bayern either side of the Wolves fixture.

Last edited:
I've said so all along,. This is the point where I get annoyed with all the doom and gloom merchants. I said a couple of weeks ago that both Liverpool and Arsenal would have to win their 9 remaining games (as was) to stop City winning the title, which is highly unlikely.

In particular Liverpool have drawn 2 and now lost 1 of their last 6, and that's not including the Atalanta defeat. They have never looked like being capable of putting a 7-8 match unbeaten run together.

Arsenal have always been the threat for me, they have been there or thereabouts for the past couple of years and when you get closer and closer you're more likely to hang in there sooner or later. But even before today they were celebrating every goal or defensive save like a win. You could see the relief every time, just like the last couple of seasons. They had a good run but if it's about going on a run when the going gets tough, there's only one team capable of that in my opinion.

The fact that at this late stage of the season we're still in with another possible treble is incredible by any standards. I thought we might have a chance of getting the 4th consecutive title but at the expense of dropping out of the other comps. Just enjoy the ride people, we might end up with nothing but don't knock them for it if we do. It's still pretty remarkable how far we have gone again no matter what, and it's not over yet.

But then what has been Our longest winning run in the league this season, 6 games in a row?

I can get the 'liverpool/arsenal don't look like having a run in them' take from a how they look when the play point. But if it is because they haven't been on a long run this season, then neither have we. I think we are capable of it because I'd like to thing we got the errors, bad luck, and squad adjustment out of the way by now and are clicking at the right time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.