The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Players will always want to win, and they'll want to play in the CL if there's a chance. Also the fans you see on forums spouting bile represent something like 10% of the true supporter base, the majority of whom would prefer their own team to do well over anything else.
you keep telling yourself that if it brings you the comfort and hope that you need

you keep telling yourself that if it brings you the comfort and hope that you need
It's true. It gives me little comfort though as City will beat Spurs regardless of how much effort they put into it but professional athletes have a winning mentality and also feel rivalries much less than the fans do apart from the odd 'born and bred' players who make it through the ranks, of which Spurs have none.

The facts are that anybody can take points off anybody in this league. Last year Southampton who were rock bottom drew v Arsenal away and everybody thought they'd get hammered. We scraped past a Sheffield United team that is currently on 16 points with a last minute goal.

To write off anybody as too shit is total folly. United can certainly take points from Arsenal. I wouldn't even call it unlikely.

Also I think there's a little of "the be careful what you wish for" in hoping Villa beat Liverpool. A Spurs team with nothing to play for, no pressure and everything to prove could be dangerous. They demonstrably play worse when they are under a weight of expectation.

There does seem to be an expectation that both teams are on a roll.

Arsenal have one league win at Old Trafford in the last 18 years, but are 2/7 on Betfair.

City are 1/3 to win against Spurs, despite never having scored in the league at the new stadium.

I think I'd agree that both are favourites, but it's quite amazing that two teams can be such hot favourites in games where they have such a poor record.

It's true. It gives me little comfort though as City will beat Spurs regardless of how much effort they put into it but professional athletes have a winning mentality and also feel rivalries much less than the fans do apart from the odd 'born and bred' players who make it through the ranks, of which Spurs have none.
they are also human beings, do you really think they will have forgot how you lot behaved a few weeks ago ?

There goes the goal difference again. FFS, getting it back to 2 goals and watching it widen again to…….?

I honestly thing Burnley, Luton & Forest would be able to put out a stronger line up than that.

Tent Peg with both eyes on the Cup Final, the last roll of the dice for the man on death row.
Why what players does he have that can improve them.theyre completely shite every single one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.