The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool are currently on course to 84 pts. They are likely to win the games before City (might draw one from their away games, though) and will look like being on course to 88-89 pts. But, imo, they'll drop points in half of the remaining games and will finish below 86 pts. Let's hope I'm not underestimating them. IF they win the game at Anfield then 87-88 pts might be a genuine possibility for them.

Arsenal are a better football team than Liverpool (should have seen it from the games between them if you doubt it, the game at Anfield was fairly even), but they don't finish seasons strongly. Should overcome that tradition of being underwhelming in the last 8 games to properly compete for the title. Imo, they'll win about 84-85 pts.

If that's right, we can win the title even if we lose at Anfield and draw 3 of the other games. That will take us to 88 pts. Still think that fewer points are likely to be enough.

I don't see Arsenal as a threat either. I think Arteta's coaching style will make it really hard to win a major trophy. He is either high as a kite or trying to burn down PIGMOL. As a manager I really think you need to be more even keeled.
I think it will come down to recruitment again in the summer, as most of us would have thought heading into last years window Arsenal could make some big buys to get closer to City. Perhaps not anywhere near as good as the media hyped their window to be.

I think it will come down to recruitment again in the summer, as most of us would have thought heading into last years window Arsenal could make some big buys to get closer to City. Perhaps not anywhere near as good as the media hyped their window to be.
This upcoming window certainly feels key, but then again, I suppose they are all important.

I personally honestly imo thoroughly and wholeheartedly believe that whilst us, you and Liverpool are fighting for the top spot, Man Utd will come in and win it. Cementing ETH as the best ever manager imo personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.