The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder how much effort are arsenal going to put in to winning the champions league.
It is financially the most important trophy as it will also give them access to the new world club cup.
The money in that competition is incredible and Chelsea and ourselves having already qualified is a major advantage re: potential income.
spurs, rags, dippers, all who cannot qualify, and the rest of the Premier league teams will feel this.

Or they can just call it quits on EUROPA and just go all out on the league. Arsenal's run is more tricky than theirs, they might slip up somewhere. If Liverpool do decide to go with a weaker side next Thursday, which I think they might do, it would be solely to try out pace us in the premier league, after all, we in 3 competitions which we aren't willing to forfeit. Perhaps they will bank on the fact that they are a point clear than us, with 7-games to go, they can see the finish line, with no EUROPA distracting them or draining them out on Thursday's, whilst having a premier league game on Sunday.
They will have to go full strength

I wonder how much effort are arsenal going to put in to winning the champions league.
It is financially the most important trophy as it will also give them access to the new world club cup.
The money in that competition is incredible and Chelsea and ourselves having already qualified is a major advantage re: potential income.
spurs, rags, dippers, all who cannot qualify, and the rest of the Premier league teams will feel this.

They'll put all of their effort into winning it and all of their effort into winning before that on Sunday. They need to win something and the league is within reach so, like us, they're not going to sacrifice anything. One game at a time.

Villa are in a complicated position whereby in most seasons for them they'd sack Sunday off to prioritise on the Europa Conference League game next week. But it's looking more doubtful with the dippers' result that England will get an extra CL place now so they have to push for one through the league.

Klopp will believe that he can turn this around. No way he's binning it off IMO
It shows how massive that draw with United was. If Liverpool had won that, Klopp could think he has a cushion in the League and concentrate all the effort there. The League is anybody's at the moment, so he has no option except to give it a go in the second leg.

Tricky dilemma for Klopp. I suspect he’d like to just bin off the Europa now, play the stiffs in the second leg and concentrate 100% on the league.

But a weak team is a public admission they’ve given up on the tie and I don’t really think he can afford to do that. The famous Liverpool don’t just throw in the towel at half time.

He’ll probably go full strength and then quietly slip off the strongest players one by one in the second half, unless an unlikely comeback is looking on the cards.

Tricky dilemma for Klopp. I suspect he’d like to just bin off the Europa now, play the stiffs in the second leg and concentrate 100% on the league.

But a weak team is a public admission they’ve given up on the tie and I don’t really think he can afford to do that. The famous Liverpool don’t just throw in the towel at half time.

He’ll probably go full strength and then quietly slip off the strongest players one by one in the second half, unless an unlikely comeback is looking on the cards.
Can easily see them turning it around. I wasn’t that impressed with Atalanta despite the victory. Despite the ferals being crap they still created enough chances to win that.

4 games away.
2 at home.
Not ideal.
Rather it was the other way around.

4 games away.
2 at home.
Not ideal.
Rather it was the other way around.
Brighton are much worse than last season, and Fulham will be on the beach. Forest and Spurs are the most difficult imo. Our form and performances have improved massively since Arsenal at home. Think we will win every game in the league if we avoid injuries to Rodri and Foden.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.