The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The teams do make a difference, but I do get your point.

Villa where the best today as they are a talented side who could take advantage.

The Liverpool game I actually felt was one of a number of games they have had like that and just today they didn’t get away with it.

My view for what it’s worth is Arsenal are the better team of the 2 but lack the mentality. Liverpool are not quite as good and have given lots of teams chances over this season but somehow limped over the line.
Yeah I agree with all of that.

Arsenal some very tough games to come, and they could get slapped at the Allianz and that could really be the start of a complete collapse.

Liverpool I'm less concerned about now, their games aren't as difficult but as you said, they've got away with a good number of games by scoring late etc it was always going to come to an end. Also, their goal difference is worse than ours so they'd have to better us by 3 points in the last 6 games, which I don't see happening now.

Those goals for us yesterday coupled with today's results have really thrown all outcomes in our favour now. I'd imagine we'll finish with the best goal difference as well as the most points.

Both Liverpool and Arsenal didn't have enough energy today. Those two weeks of football tired them, and they didn't have enough in the tank to control the games.

Given that we were without Ederson, Walker, Stones, and that Ake got injured in the 1st half, Arsenal should have tried to win the game at the Etihad. Instead they had only 27% possession which cost them a lot of energy. After the Bayern game they were fatigued and now they'll have an even more difficult game in Munich. The last time they lost 2 games in a row was after their game at Anfield... They were fresh in February, March and early April. Now they aren't...A bit like last season.

Liverpool were running like mad in January, February and March. They rely even more on high energy to control games than Arsenal. Funny that their form has dipped when key players are back from injuries. Energy is a bounded resource.

Nothing is decided yet. Football is hard to predict for things might go wrong in so many ways. Still, I was a bit surprised that we weren't favourites before last weekend, being only 3 pts off the top. Statistical models can't capture contextually relevant factors like, say, City being trained to hit form in the final 8 weeks and having experience from previous title races. Let's see what happens next.

Just need to get the job done at Fulham and Brighton.

Win them, we can perhaps still afford a draw somewhere if we beat Wolves and West Ham.

Would be confident of getting the goals if needed but the aways still difficult.
Both of these 2 are dropping points again this weekend giving us a buffer. Mentally they’ll be gone after this weekend and the upcoming midweek fixtures.

• City thrash Luton (with several contenders for goal of the season) to go top.
  • United need PGMOL to help them to a worthless draw.
  • Liverpool lose to Crystal fucking Palace at home.
  • Arsenal get humiliated at home by Aston Villa.
  • Leverkusen run rampant at home to put Bayern in their place and prove the Kurse of Kane™.
If Carlsberg did weekends!

Which leaves Bayern extra fired up to get a result against arsenal midweek, so they will have a hell of a match on their hands. Then they're away at wolves three days later.

Its not just this weekends results that have fallen our way, it's really set up our rivals for a rough few days ahead too.

Where as we rested rodri, foden, Bernardo, and stones and won handily.

In a couple of weeks. Liverpool play Everton mid week then West Ham 12:30 on Saturday both away

Arsenal play Chelsea at home mid week then spurs away on the weekend

We play Brighton away mid week then forest away

That’s the week I think we will widen the gap then win the league at spurs away

opta-title-chances-14-april.png

Main key for City now is to avoid injuries to Rodri and Foden. Super confident in the team right now. Agree with other posters that Arsenal and Liverpool will drop points before we play Brighton.

Ps: dont underestimate Forest away. Fighting relegation, at home, direct, pacy, City goes there with only 2 days rest after Brighton. This game is more key than people think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.