The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think for many it’s a (fucking tedious) coping mechanism.
Agreed mate but there’s also a lot of straightforward ignorance. Football is full of people who have no understanding of it at all but are happy to espouse their stinking, simplistic opinions on anyone stupid enough to listen.

There was a popular poster on this forum who doesn’t post any more who literally got everything totally wrong yet seemed totally unaware of the consistency of his incorrectness. I met him too and he was a nice fella but his football knowledge did not match his volume.

Agreed mate but there’s also a lot of straightforward ignorance. Football is full of people who have no understanding of it at all but are happy to espouse their stinking, simplistic opinions on anyone stupid enough to listen.

There was a popular poster on this forum who doesn’t post any more who literally got everything totally wrong yet seemed totally unaware of the consistency of his incorrectness. I met him too and he was a nice fella but his football knowledge did not match his volume.
There’s no entrance exam to being a football supporter!

Just phenomenal. Nine wins in a row when eight and a draw wouldn't have got the job done.
Shades of 2019 when we won 14; and 13 and a draw would have lost it. Talk about mentality monsters. No wonder other clubs claim our success doesnt matter - what else are they to do to try and cope with their unspeakable City horror nightmares

What a team coming back off winning the treble they come back again and win a title in this fashion. Who remembers back in early December when City were ran into the ground by Villa after three frustrating draws to Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. Winning the league seemed a long way off but this team went from then till now undefeated to be champions and pushed on to be back at Wembley next weekend for a cup final.

Only regret and what might have been is Europe, we made Real Madrid play Allardyce ball against us and should have won. We are the only team in the champions league that hasn’t lost a game in normal time all season which shows how matter good you are the competition is a lottery.

Anybody trying to deride City’s achievements and call the Premier League a farmers league, City came up against two very good teams in Arsenal and Liverpool both breaking the 80 points mark. Enjoy this day today blues and never take it for granted.

I wonder what month it will be next season people will start posting that we ‘aren’t the same as last season‘ and they ‘can’t see us winning the league’.

For all the criticism of our summer signings, it ended up being Kovacic, Gvardiol and Doku that made the key difference in the end stretch. Nunes the new Phillips though.

He's the best manager in the world, he's not gonna say "Yeah I'm staying" until he see's the offer. That would be daft, and Pep sure aint daft.

That being true, I really don't thinknthat is the case here. We have known Pep long enough, to know he thinks in short term spells that he can be convinced he can handle. That's all I think that was. He did also say he is knows he wants to stay, but he needs to see how the players are after 9 years. Not the first time he said that, and we all know how that has worked out so far :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.