The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely not happening 100%, even without other games where they will both drop points, they have to play each other so it's impossible they both get maximum points.

Also the Dippers and Tarquin s are in Europe and will have many games to come, they don't rotate like Pep, their players will be burnt out come the business end of the season. NFR, no flapping required at this juncture. We may not win the league this season but we're only 15% of the way in, we hopefully have Johnny, Phil and KDB to hit the straps, plus Nathan Ake to return and possibly a new midfielder in January.

I don't give two big ones if we don't win anything this season, surely we're not that entitled, are we?
I believe the post you're replying to here was intended as sarcasm.

I think we’ve got some really winnable games from now til the end of the year so hopefully we find some rhythm and kick on
Concerned about injuries though. I think we need to add another body come January but I don’t think the club will.

Champions League is a complete lottery in the knockout stages so we’ll see.

Pains me to say but I think we should play the kids in both domestic cups.

Club World Cup too!

A signing in January would help lots, we’re light in midfield

Last edited:
Not happening this year - genuinely be amazed if we win a trophy - hope I am wrong
We need to win that case against the Premier League more than anything else this season. Trophies are neither here nor there compared to the importance of that.

The next most important thing is getting Pep to extend his contract. Then let’s properly back him in the transfer market next Summer and go from there.

If we win anything this season, it’ll be a bonus. But there are more important things this season. Unbelievable to say, but we’ve got bigger fish to fry than the Premier League or Champions League.

If we win that case against the PL, me and the lads are doing the open top Manchester tour bus and treating it like a trophy parade.

Last edited:
next 3 in PL City-Fulham, Wolves-City, City-Soton

9 points please, any less is shit. we lost to Wolves away last season, but seeing them today vs Liverpool, if we keep a clean sheet we are ok.

still overall surprised the open games some of our rivals face. the amount of times we spend vs teams with 10 them doing 10 men behind the ball vs what Chelsea or Liverpool facing is quite different. committing men forward by some mediocre-weaker PL clubs vs rivals vs the disciplined defending in numbers they show against us is frustrating.

in same period for next 3 there are Liverpool-Chelsea and Arsenal-Liverpool games, thats why we need to win next 3.
pretty sure we are on top if we do that.

Chelsea is a different beast compared to last season, Maresca has a plan unlike Pochettino. early days still, but he can unlock the potential in them if he can add defensive steel too and bit better game control they will take off points from lots of top half clubs. do hope they dont lose at Anfield.
Both Arsenal and Liverpool against so called weaker teams were unconvincing yesterday and didn't impress. Shame the pending Chelsea game is not at the Bridge rather than Anfield , but Palmer & Co will stay cause their defence problems.

Both Arsenal and Liverpool against so called weaker teams were unconvincing yesterday and didn't impress. Shame the pending Chelsea game is not at the Bridge rather than Anfield , but Palmer & Co will stay cause their defence problems.
I think there is a tendency to overrate our rivals. I don't think Arsenal have played well for 90 minutes in a single game this season, but they have better durability than in previous times. They still seem to be reliant on the same players. This is a long season on the back of a summer tournament. I think Arteta is flogging the likes of Saliba, Gabriel, Saka and Rice. We've all missed Foden but in the long run I think his slow return to fitness is necessary. I'm sure I read that Rice had just 10 days off after the Euro 2024 final - that's unsustainable, and he will pick up injuries in time.

Liverpool look much the same as they did under Klopp. They don't seem to have gears, it's just top speed at all times. They have potent players up top that win them games but there is a lot of chaos thrown in. Again, in a long season they will not likely avoid injuries. Can they really play a 32-year-old Salah and 33-year-old Van Dijk for every game for months on end?

Liverpool look much the same as they did under Klopp.

Slot is trying to make them less gung-ho going forward, i.e., more patient and controlled. In other words, he is another Pep admirer.

They look a bit less impressive in attack than under Klopp but also a bit more stable. Think 85 pts is the upper limit for them, IF they don't suffer major injuries to key players.

Imo, Arsenal will find it more difficult than last season, especially in the final months.

IF we win 85 pts, we'll have about a 50% chance to win the title.

We need to win our next few games amd build up some rythm
We are gonna need stones back in the side for the build up to quicken, kev for some creativity and Phil and savinho to find the openings
The players are there but it can’t just be Dias, gundo, kovacic, grealish and Bernie playing sideways

Probably be a stitch up for Chelsea like last season when the ref booked 4 of them in the 1st half alone and denied a penalty if i remember right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.