The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there is a tendency to overrate our rivals. I don't think Arsenal have played well for 90 minutes in a single game this season, but they have better durability than in previous times. They still seem to be reliant on the same players. This is a long season on the back of a summer tournament. I think Arteta is flogging the likes of Saliba, Gabriel, Saka and Rice. We've all missed Foden but in the long run I think his slow return to fitness is necessary. I'm sure I read that Rice had just 10 days off after the Euro 2024 final - that's unsustainable, and he will pick up injuries in time.

Liverpool look much the same as they did under Klopp. They don't seem to have gears, it's just top speed at all times. They have potent players up top that win them games but there is a lot of chaos thrown in. Again, in a long season they will not likely avoid injuries. Can they really play a 32-year-old Salah and 33-year-old Van Dijk for every game for months on end?
I think winning at old Trafford made them look a bit better than they will ultimately be
Good team but I see them dropping away quicker than last season

Probably be a stitch up for Chelsea like last season when the ref booked 4 of them in the 1st half alone and denied a penalty if i remember right.
Chelsea can help us
We already won away against them, but they will give the other top teams a game
Unless the goalie keeps giving goals away

I think, with our available players, we can win the league but it means taking full advantage of the teams we would br expected to beat. Dropping points against Arsenal or Newcastle isn't a disaster as long as you beat the teams like Wolves, Brentford, united and Forest.

The season is very reminiscent of 2019/20, at the very start of the season you lose a player for the whole year (then Sane), today Rodri, then you lose a super important player from the defense (Laporte) for a long period of time, today it could be KDB, and then we lost all hope before the new year even.

The season is very reminiscent of 2019/20, at the very start of the season you lose a player for the whole year (then Sane), today Rodri, then you lose a super important player from the defense (Laporte) for a long period of time, today it could be KDB, and then we lost all hope before the new year even.
It does have that feel. The biggest difference this time around, however, is that we're not up against a Liverpool team that got 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons. I don't think we'd have won that league title had Sane and Laporte remained fit.

I just don't feel we can go through a whole season without replacing Rodri. I know Pep is meant to be sitting down with Txiki in the near future to discuss options. We don't want to just buy anyone for the sake of it though.

I think winning at old Trafford made them look a bit better than they will ultimately be
Good team but I see them dropping away quicker than last season
Really? I think you overestimate that feat. Winning there isn't the achievement it was 20 years ago. Some pretty ordinary sides won there last season (from memory Brighton, Palace and Fulham all won there). So far this season, they've played twice at home; they got a very unimpressive late win against Fulham, and got dicked by the "This Means More" mob. If the decent version of Spurs turns up today, they've got every chance of winning. I'm guessing that the rags will lose 4 or 5 home games in the PL this season.

It does have that feel. The biggest difference this time around, however, is that we're not up against a Liverpool team that got 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons. I don't think we'd have won that league title had Sane and Laporte remained fit.

I just don't feel we can go through a whole season without replacing Rodri. I know Pep is meant to be sitting down with Txiki in the near future to discuss options. We don't want to just buy anyone for the sake of it though.
Who did we buy that’s instantly gets Peps ways? Everyone knows it takes a season to get upto speed, unless Pep extends will Tixi blow money on a player the next manager doesn’t want? Lots of variables here, if Pep extends then he will definitely want back up for Rodri next season after this disaster, will he do it in January? I doubt it unless there’s someone out the blue who could come learn the ropes for six months then be ready next season whilst helping ou this season. If Pep decides he doesn’t then I do t think we blow any money until we know who’s replacing him or any January pre next season deals are done.

The biggest concern right now isn't so much Rodri missing, it's the lack of goal threat from our attacking players outside of Haaland.

Without him so far this season we would be mid-table.

I don't think you are going to need a big points tally to win the league this year. Around 80 points will do it.

Arsenal and us are weaker this year and it will open the door for Chelsea and Liverpool to be in and around it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.