The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I posted this before the Newcastle game. I knew we'd drop points v Newcastle but I said we then need 6 wins before Liverpool (A).

I stand by that because I think we're going to struggle in the big games this season due to player availability. However, we can still win it if we win all of the games we're expected too. Do I think we'll do that? Probably not based on what we've seen so far this season, we're giving up too many chances.

If we win the next 5, that should make up for the guaranteed loss at Liverpool.

Next league games:
20th Oct - Wolves (A)
26th Oct - Southampton (H)
2nd Nov - Bournemouth (A)
9th Nov - Brighton (A)
23rd Nov - Spurs (H)
1st Dec - Liverpool (A)
These clubs will have been watching us vs Brentford and Fulham closely. Bournemouth away will not be an easy game.
Brighton might have had their season sparked in to life based on yesterday. Spuds will also be a real challenge based on how we are playing at present. Maybe Kev will change things when he gets back.

Decent points but no way i’d take our midfield trio over the 100 points team. We had prime KDB, a sublime Silva and an unbelievable Fernandinho. The best 3 the league has ever seen in my opinion.

The league was unprepared for Pep's ball in 17/18 and we were absolutely hungry, given we failed in the previous season.

Competing for and winning the Treble is a superior achievement, all the more part of it was our 3rd league title in a row. We were close last season, too, we forced Real to play like a small team in order to survive. Imo, that midfield (22-24) was superior to 17-19. For starters, Rodri is a better holding midfielder than Ferna. David was much better than Foden at playmaking but Foden is much more prolific....

Last edited:
We've won at anfield what, twice in 45 years? If there is one place we shit the bed at more than others, its there. We've had some decent performances there over the last 7/8 years, but we still usually manage to find a way to fuck it up there.

Your argument doesn't hold. For a very good proportion of the last 45 years, we ourselves were shit. And shit in a lot of places. Try Wycombe, for instance.
To make current predictions it's wise to look at recent history, i.e. of the last seven or eight years. Nothing in the record of that period suggests any incoming guaranteed loss.

Your argument doesn't hold. For a very good proportion of the last 45 years, we ourselves were shit. And shit in a lot of places. Try Wycombe, for instance.
To make current predictions it's wise to look at recent history, i.e. of the last seven or eight years. Nothing in the record of that period suggests any incoming guaranteed loss.
We've had stronger teams in recent seasons and shit the bed there. Haven't won there with a crowd for over 20 years, we've been better than them for most of those years.

The fact we won there the year there was no crowd adds to the shitting the bed narrative.

I've come to terms with expecting a loss there this season, so just need to be perfect before then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.