The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based off the past 2 weeks I'd predict City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Brighton to be the top 4.

It'll be down to goal difference but we'll come out top due to Haaland scoring a hatrick every home game.

United will finish 11th on zero goal difference but will get Goal of the Season, Manager of the Season, Player of the Season, Young Player of the Season.....

I predicted us (Arsenal) to win the league before the season started. Now it's started I think we'll get 2nd, City 1st based on what I've seen so far.

You may be right but the reason Arsenal are so good is Jorginho. He keeps things ticking in midfield for them and he's scary good on pens. It's kinda like Rodri is for us.

Like the saying goes.. goals win games but defense wins titles and a good DM is key.

If he has a good season.. they could be better than last year.
It's the thinnest of the margins and at the end of the day they only didn't win the league last year because they drew at our place.

They're going to be a tough cookie and drag out results similar to how Klopp was doing at Liverpool a few years ago.

Nobody will give us credit on this though. Arsenal will fight us all the way in the league but they won't be fighting in 4 competitions at the same time.

If we are better against the top 6 teams than last season (too many draws), it will be tough for anyone to catch us so the 3 points at Chelsea was a good start.

I predicted us (Arsenal) to win the league before the season started. Now it's started I think we'll get 2nd, City 1st based on what I've seen so far.
Far too early to base anything of what's been seen so far.

Arsenal will push us all the way, and if you keep everyone fit, there's no reason why you can't win it.

The only difference I'd say so far, is that I think we've got a better squad than we had last season, and certain players are coming into their 2nd and 3rd seasons and will likely have improved.

I still think Arsenal have a starting 11 which can compete, but I'm just not convinced by the squad players, and how they'll get on if they're needed for any lengthy period of time through injuries.

Either way, Liverpool 3rd and I'm going to go for Chelsea to improve and finish 4th.

Spurs, United, Villa, Newcastle and Brighton to make up 5th-9th in whatever order.

You may be right but the reason Arsenal are so good is Jorginho. He keeps things ticking in midfield for them and he's scary good on pens. It's kinda like Rodri is for us.

Like the saying goes.. goals win games but defense wins titles and a good DM is key.

If he has a good season.. they could be better than last year.
Jorginho hardly ever plays. He's not even 3rd choice currently.

Far too early to tell but City and Arsenal may be the only challengers come February.

My early and very controversial take is that Chelsea will finish above Liverpool:

City 92 pts
Arsenal 88 pts
Chelsea 79 pts
Liverpool or United 78 pts

Slot is probably a very good manager but he will need more time to get the league. Plus, Liverpool are too dependent on VVD and Salah who are 33 y.o. IF Slot is an instant hit, then Liverpool may finish close to the top. I don't think it's likely, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.