The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like looking at the Opta Analyst model as well. The thing about it is though I don't know how the model factors in the rodri injury. I'm not sure if injuries can be inputted into the model or not.
No it doesn’t factor injuries it’s purely results based.

What I find weird is that Arsenal are 5/4 to win the PL with City at 2/1 yet at the same time are 9/1 to win the CL with City at 3/1. How would Arsenal's odds to win a title vs City be so wildly different across 2 competitions that they are seen as 3 times less likely to win one competition compared to City yet almost twice as likely to win the other compared to City?!!?

Those were bet365 odds, Opta with a very different view however;
View attachment 133384
Bookies are mathematicians, not fortune tellers. Their odds are heavily influenced by how much money is being bet on a certain outcome by punters. So the answer to your question is simply that lots of hopeful Arse fans are betting on an Arsenal PL title, but those same punters aren't lumping on for the CL. Pure analysts aren't affected by punters' bets but simply make predictions based on past stats, hence the difference between Bet365 and Opta.

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on the 4 away games on the trot, starting 30th Oct with Spuds, Bournemouth, Sporting CP and finally Brighton on 9th Nov. All in the space of 10 days. Just look at the amount of travelling alone. Then after these fixtures it's yet another enthralling international break. Where exactly do our players get to train or be coached. That averages out at 4 very distant away games every 2.5 days. Hope we've got some really good academy players for backup.

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on the 4 away games on the trot, starting 30th Oct with Spuds, Bournemouth, Sporting CP and finally Brighton on 9th Nov. All in the space of 10 days. Just look at the amount of travelling alone. Then after these fixtures it's yet another enthralling international break. Where exactly do our players get to train or be coached. That averages out at 4 very distant away games every 2.5 days. Hope we've got some really good academy players for backup.
I'm not sure that 4 games in 10 days leaves anytime to be trained/coached regardless of where the games are played?

Going off what Pep said he won't be arsed about the Spurs game so don't think any of the big hitters will play.

Last edited:
I think it is very competitive this season with us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, and even Spurs all in the mix. Teams will take points of each other. That may help us. The PL is fantastic these days.
It’s fantastic these days because we win it most years but as usual it’ll be a two or a one horse race and all the pretenders will fade away long before the run in.

We're on one? We haven't lost a Premier League game since last December!

Avoid defeat on the weekend and we're on the joint 7th longest unbeaten league run in English football history.

1 Arsenal 49 2003-2004

2 Liverpool 44 2019-2020

3 Nottingham Forest 42 1977-1978

4 Chelsea 40 2004-2005

5 Leeds 34 1968-1969

6 Liverpool 31 1987-1988

7 Manchester City 30 2017-2018

=7 Arsenal 30 2001-2002

=7 Leeds 30 1973-1974

=7 Burnley 30 1920-1921

=11 Manchester City 29 2023-2024

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.