The Tottenham Thread 12/13

I would be slighly worried if I was a Spurs fan as Adebayor has started to grow his hair again.

I don't see much of Spurs but would be interested if the spurs fans think Adebayor is just unlucky at the moment or if his game has gone back to what we saw at City - basically lazy and un-interested unless he feels like it.

Plenty of people here (me included) said he was playing for a new contract last season, wonder if that is appearing to be the case?

THFC6061 said:
stony said:
THFC6061 said:
Adebayor going to the ACON is a very convenient way for AVB to avoid dropping him.

If he has a good tournament, his confidence should be boosted and we'll have a much improved player on our hands for the remainder of the season.

What an absolutely first rate piece of management by AVB, truly outstanding work. To realise that his African born player would be out of form just in time for ACON, conveniently avoiding the tricky situation of dropping a player who is playing shite is an utter masterstroke.
How the press don't pick up on his utter genius is staggering.
He's like a ginger footballing god, Alan Ball reborn.

Sometimes circumstances conspire to produce a very unexpected result.

This is one of those times.

Errrr ,

Yup! AVB = genius !!!!!!

errr

Football is a business. In a business, the company with the best business plan and the best investors win. Simple as that

bluemoondays said:
I don't see much of Spurs but would be interested if the spurs fans think Adebayor is just unlucky at the moment or if his game has gone back to what we saw at City - basically lazy and un-interested unless he feels like it.

Plenty of people here (me included) said he was playing for a new contract last season, wonder if that is appearing to be the case?

No, Adebayor has been working his socks off for Spurs, but his goal touch seems to have left him.

With strikers, confidence plays a huge part of their game and at the moment, Ade looks like he has none.

THFC6061 said:
Adebayor going to the ACON is a very convenient way for AVB to avoid dropping him.

If he has a good tournament, his confidence should be boosted and we'll have a much improved player on our hands for the remainder of the season.

Meanwhile, Defoe can be the main man once more and concentrated on what he does best - putting the ball in the back of the net - and Dempsey has already proved to be a more than capable alternative to Adebayor.

This should also mean that Sigurdsson will get a few more starts under his belt...
This is top notch delusion.

THFC6061 said:
bluemoondays said:

No, Adebayor has been working his socks off for Spurs, but his goal touch seems to have left him.

With strikers, confidence plays a huge part of their game and at the moment, Ade looks like he has none.

err.... no thats the way he works..... runs his socks off for the first ten games.....slowly vanishes until contract renewal time.

the worst thing is..... he can score 30 goals a season. if you hang a cross in the air....he is one of the best at winning the ball. i just think he s an eejit.

greasedupdeafguy said:
bapi said:
Spurs in talks with Belhanda now. Only 12M.
Fuck getting slightly worried about Spus now I can AVB taking them to that next level.
I can't.

I'm simply not convinced that AVB is actually all that good a manager at all, yes he did well in his short time at Porto, but in all honestly you could shave a chimp, throw a suit on it and name it Porto manager and you'd likely win the Portuguese league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.