The Tottenham Thread 12/13

I fucking love Clint Dempsey.

And Aaron Lennon. I'm fairly sure he isn't rated too highly on here but I hope watching that performance will have changed a few opinions.

Preaching to the choir here probably but my God Phil Jones is a complete helmet.

spurspinter1 said:

And Aaron Lennon. I'm fairly sure he isn't rated too highly on here but I hope watching that performance will have changed a few opinions.

Preaching to the choir here probably but my God Phil Jones is a complete helmet.

Funnily enough (as someone who thinks Jones's is overhyped), I actually think he played well yesterday.

sjk2008 said:
spurspinter1 said:

Funnily enough (as someone who thinks Jones's is overhyped), I actually think he played well yesterday.

because Alan Smith said so???

Interesting post match comments from Ferdinand saying they basically set up to stop Bale...pretty successfully too I might add. That said, Lennon ended up being the real problem. He looked unplayable at times, though he generally does well against Evra. The wings will have to continue to produce considering the once in form Defoe now looks anything but.

Josh Blue said:
sjk2008 said:
spurspinter1 said:

because Alan Smith said so???

No, you whopper.

LedleyKing said:
Interesting post match comments from Ferdinand saying they basically set up to stop Bale...pretty successfully too I might add. That said, Lennon ended up being the real problem. He looked unplayable at times, though he generally does well against Evra. The wings will have to continue to produce considering the once in form Defoe now looks anything but.

That's the good thing about Spurs. Teams concentrating on Bale so much that Lennon can work with more space on the opposite side and, in this case, rape Evra once again.

I think you need another CM and ST this window, to cement a top 4 spot. Sandro will be a massive loss.

Josh Blue said:
SJK care to tell me how Jones played well then?

You Double Angus.

I think he broke up the play quite well, helped nullify Bale completely by helping out Rafael, looked strong on the ball and basically helped shore up United from a defensive point of view. I wondered what the fuck Fergie was doing when I saw that lineup but I can kind of understand his theory behind it, even it did come across as negative. Just a shame for them that it only worked well for 91 minutes.

I accept that, on the flipside, he didn't do any Maradonas or Cruyyf turns, play in 6 through balls and/or score a hat trick, but he was brought in to do a job and he did that job very well, IMO.

Makes a change though, as when he normally plays in CM, he's gash.

You Fillet 'O' Fish.

sjk2008 said:
Josh Blue said:

You Double Angus.

I think he broke up the play quite well, helped nullify Bale completely by helping out Rafael, looked strong on the ball and basically helped shore up United from a defensive point of view. I wondered what the fuck Fergie was doing when I saw that lineup but I can kind of understand his theory behind it, even it did come across as negative. Just a shame for them that it only worked well for 91 minutes.

I accept that, on the flipside, he didn't do any Maradonas or Cruyyf turns, play in 6 through balls and/or score a hat trick, but he was brought in to do a job and he did that job very well, IMO.

You Fillet 'O' Fish.

He should of picked up 4 yellow cards.

He did win the ball back tbf.... usually after giving it away himself.

Closed down well but simply couldn't hold a position when needed, Dembele found it piss easy to run rings around him.

Carrick got him out of a lot of trouble at times.

I agree he did a lot of running and that made Bales job harder because he doubled up on but anyone with an engine can do that.

Dembele and Carrick were playing football in the middle, Parker and Jones were running round like over excited dogs. When Huddlestone came on Spurs had complete control of the midfield.

I do believe a Fillet 'O Fish is a Mcdonald's Sandwich, it is only fashionable to use items off the Burger King menu as insults.

Josh Blue said:
sjk2008 said:
Josh Blue said:

You Double Angus.

You Fillet 'O' Fish.

He should of picked up 4 yellow cards.

He did win the ball back tbf.... usually after giving it away himself.

Closed down well but simply couldn't hold a position when needed, Dembele found it piss easy to run rings around him.

Carrick got him out of a lot of trouble at times.

I agree he did a lot of running and that made Bales job harder because he doubled up on but anyone with an engine can do that.

Dembele and Carrick were playing football in the middle, Parker and Jones were running round like over excited dogs. When Huddlestone came on Spurs had complete control of the midfield.

I do believe a Fillet 'O Fish is a Mcdonald's Sandwich, it is only fashionable to use items off the Burger King menu as insults.

Not when one prefers BK to McD's.

spurspinter1 said:

Lennon is highly rated here as far as I am concerned mate.

One of the players I like most in Premier League. Decent player and looks like very, very decent lad. You never read about him in papers, he just keeps his head down and plays his football with smile on his face. Not world class footballer but very decent one to have in team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.