The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Don't feel so bad for getting rapes by Adebayor deal now. Hope we make these dropped points count. A win at the derby and us winning with them a draw and its even. Rvp getting a knock will hurt that team.

I thought they deserved more and showed some grit; a quality absent from Spurs sides through the last decade. This is the first season I genuinely respect their challenge for the CL places as a football team and they've come a long towards breaking the "almost" barrier. As somebody said earlier, it looks as if the 2nd of the "Sky4" is falling this season, to Spurs' benefit. Lets see if they can keep it up for the home stretch.

I didn't really think that was one of our better performances this season, certainly not in front of goal, but I still feel we deserved at least the point. Not a great day for Defoe but Dembele and, in particular, Lennon impressed me. Speaking to some of the players after the game, they were mostly disapointed that we hadn't put a few past them as the general feeling was that they were for the taking.

On another note, that was ome of the most snide, "win at all costs" performances I've seen from United. I know to some extent that is necessary if you want to win a title, but I was most unimpressed by the antics of several of their players. I also felt it was a pretty poor refereeing performance and not really sure what the opposition manager had to complain about.

I hope the performance went some way to dispelling the belief held by some City fans that Tottenham teams "roll over" when playing Manchester United. The way the ground celebrated the late equaliser (which was comparable to an equaliser against our bitter rivles) should also show that the match going fans at least are not in any way happy to lose to them.

FrostyNRG said:
I hope the performance went some way to dispelling the belief held by some City fans that Tottenham teams "roll over" when playing Manchester United. The way the ground celebrated the late equaliser (which was comparable to an equaliser against our bitter rivles) should also show that the match going fans at least are not in any way happy to lose to them.

The City fans had an undeniable point there. For years Spurs have been a tough fixture for the title challenging clubs but always crumbled pathetically to United home and away. I hope this season goes some way towards ending that streak.

I don't watch a lot of Spurs but that was the best I've ever seen Lennon play. Also can anyone explain why Bale has such a fuss made over him? Other than poncing around like some sort of the Ronaldo fan club I don't really see it in him. He is obviously a good player but I never really see him do much against the better sides

Blue Hefner said:
I don't watch a lot of Spurs but that was the best I've ever seen Lennon play. Also can anyone explain why Bale has such a fuss made over him? Other than poncing around like some sort of the Ronaldo fan club I don't really see it in him. He is obviously a good player but I never really see him do much against the better sides

Watched Bale he was ok but he doesn't track back if you watched the scums first goal he wondered back and trotted into midfield while the cross was pinned in with all the time in the world! Watch Silva he tracks back and helps the fullback out!

Castiel said:
The City fans had an undeniable point there. For years Spurs have been a tough fixture for the title challenging clubs but always crumbled pathetically to United home and away. I hope this season goes some way towards ending that streak.

I'd say it's completely deniable! I don't disagree we've collapsed against United a few times, but in several games over the last 10+ years we've given them a real game and simply fallen short. We've also been the victims of some fairly horrendous decisions against them; one of which definitely cost us a win and plenty of others that have had a big impact on a game.

I'd understand the feeling that we were often an easy fixture, but I just can't agree that we never tried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.