The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Speaker said:
MSP said:
I just wanted to post that. WTF, he looks like his twin.

Weirdly enough he is also lightning quick and is a winger O.o

...and our top goalscorer at U18 level this season...

A1633.jpg

Vertonghen is shockingly bad. Possibly the worst buy of the summer in the Prem.

I do find it funny that Spurs fans rate Ekotto so highly. Reading Spurs foruns, most fans of the club think he is the best LB in the prem. Can anyone name a worse starting LB in the Prem?

Vertonghen is a good player who is normally a centre-back.

He's better than Buttner for a start, Stephen Warnock and Nicky Shorey. There's 3 for a start

Vertonghen played centre-half with Caulker. I have warched Vertonghen play centre half for Spurs on a number of occasions, and more often than not he has been poor. He's lazy, plays on his heels and gets caught of position.

Manc in London said:
Vertonghen played centre-half with Caulker. I have warched Vertonghen play centre half for Spurs on a number of occasions, and more often than not he has been poor. He's lazy, plays on his heels and gets caught of position.
Which matches have you watched? I agree that he was poor against Leeds but he has been great for Spurs most of the season.

LedleyKing said:
Manc in London said:
Which matches have you watched? I agree that he was poor against Leeds but he has been great for Spurs most of the season.

I have watched him several times. He is struggling again tonight against Grant Holt. In purely defensive terms, Dawson is better IMO. I'm not a fan of Dawson either, although I have to say that when I met he came across as a good bloke.

Manc in London said:
I have watched him several times. He is struggling again tonight against Grant Holt. In purely defensive terms, Dawson is better IMO. I'm not a fan of Dawson either, although I have to say that when I met he came across as a good bloke.

I'm reserving judgement on Vertonghen for now. I think calling him the worst buy of the summer is very harsh, but equally I was somewhat surprised when I saw he was picked by a few pundits in their "team of the season so far". He's had some shockers, but he has showed some class in a few performances too. I'm hoping that being shifted between LB and CB all season is a big reason for his inconsistency and that he'll settle with a long run in the middle. I like to see a settled back four and AVB has changed it virtually every game, which I'm no fan of.

Dawson is a solid, but also limited, defender IMO, and I'm not sure he's quite good enough for a top 6 team. He is indeed a very pleasant young man though, and one of the most "down to earth" players I've met.

Manc in London said:
Vertonghen is shockingly bad. Possibly the worst buy of the summer in the Prem.

I do find it funny that Spurs fans rate Ekotto so highly. Reading Spurs foruns, most fans of the club think he is the best LB in the prem. Can anyone name a worse starting LB in the Prem?

Ian Harte?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.