The Tottenham Thread 12/13

He might stay for another year if they qualify for CL but even if he looks like that he is not stupid and won't earn 70k forever if he could get 150-200.

And if he continues to play like this he'll certainly have options for that money and doubt Spurs will be the one.

MSP said:
He might stay for another year if they qualify for CL but even if he looks like that he is not stupid and won't earn 70k forever if he could get 150-200.

And if he continues to play like this he'll certainly have options for that money and doubt Spurs will be the one.

He's not on 70k a week, he's on 100-110k a week.

Why would spurs want to sell Bale though if keeping him would.mean extra revenue from sponsors , shirt sales and a possible 30mil or something for finishing higher in the league and getting champions league football

MSP said:
taconinja said:
MSP said:
Man wanted national team job what's pretty normal and lost it only because your greedy chairman asked Bale alike money to let him go. Then sacked him when he lost the chance to get the job any sane man would like.

Not big fan of 'Arry (is there anyone who is) but will take him anytime before Levy.
This is not accurate. He openly courted the national job (Okay fine.) and tried to leverage that into a lucrative contract extension, and he apparently tried to leverage the possibility of a contract extension into higher pay if he took the national job plus he blatantly used his pals in the media to try to force Levy to let him go for either next to nothing to the England position or give him mega-money to stay. Then the bottom fell out on their season giving both sides the opportunity to tell him to go away.

Well, yes, that's technically true but he couldn't do anything else when levy had put 10m fee to him having any chance to get England job. That's approx. what Madrid paid to Inter to get Mourinho ffs.

He certainly tried to force his exit to England and that's perfectly normal.

However, I don't think it was fair from levy to ask that money to let him go and it was effectively robbing him for chance to get that job - both one you want emotionally and because it's great job to have.

Harry is not flower, he is **** too but I think he made great job at Spurs and deserved to be given a chance to crown his career and manage his national team. Levy basically took it from him and on the end kicked him in the arse.

Arry is twat but Levy is twat of the highest order.

Levy is a twat because he tries to get the maximum fee available for any one of his assets?

Speaker said:
MSP said:
taconinja said:
This is not accurate. He openly courted the national job (Okay fine.) and tried to leverage that into a lucrative contract extension, and he apparently tried to leverage the possibility of a contract extension into higher pay if he took the national job plus he blatantly used his pals in the media to try to force Levy to let him go for either next to nothing to the England position or give him mega-money to stay. Then the bottom fell out on their season giving both sides the opportunity to tell him to go away.

Well, yes, that's technically true but he couldn't do anything else when levy had put 10m fee to him having any chance to get England job. That's approx. what Madrid paid to Inter to get Mourinho ffs.

He certainly tried to force his exit to England and that's perfectly normal.

However, I don't think it was fair from levy to ask that money to let him go and it was effectively robbing him for chance to get that job - both one you want emotionally and because it's great job to have.

Harry is not flower, he is **** too but I think he made great job at Spurs and deserved to be given a chance to crown his career and manage his national team. Levy basically took it from him and on the end kicked him in the arse.

Arry is twat but Levy is twat of the highest order.

Levy is a twat because he tries to get the maximum fee available for any one of his assets?
That's the problem mate, cracking summer bid and Bale will be buying a new house

BoyBlue_1985 said:
THFC6061 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That's funny 2 months after Chelsea sacked AVB they were champions of Europe and had an FA Cup in the bag as well making sure that AVB's first season at Spurs was in the europa league. That karma I bet Chelsea are well pissed

So the chap that led Chelsea to those two trophies must have a very secure job then.

Oh...

Wait a minute...

Chelsea have probably had 10 managers in the time you have had 6 but they still have won 8 more major trophies and 2 charity shields in that time. Im sure they are not losing any sleep

You cannot use the stable manager situation as a benefit, and then ignore the vast differences in spending between the two clubs. If we had spent £841,000,000 on players in the last ten years then i'd expect us to have won 8 trophies as well.

Levy sells when the players ripe for selling he will be pushing for 50m+ but I reckon he'd except 40m Don't forget they are looking for a new site to build a stadium

AIQ88 said:
Why would spurs want to sell Bale though if keeping him would.mean extra revenue from sponsors , shirt sales and a possible 30mil or something for finishing higher in the league and getting champions league football
If the player becomes unsettled (if he hears of Madrid or A.N. Other club being interested in him), and his performances drop off, then maybe it would be in Spurs' best interest to sell him. IN THAT SCENARIO.

Speaker said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
THFC6061 said:
So the chap that led Chelsea to those two trophies must have a very secure job then.

Oh...

Wait a minute...

Chelsea have probably had 10 managers in the time you have had 6 but they still have won 8 more major trophies and 2 charity shields in that time. Im sure they are not losing any sleep

You cannot use the stable manager situation as a benefit, and then ignore the vast differences in spending between the two clubs. If we had spent £841,000,000 on players in the last ten years then i'd expect us to have won 8 trophies as well.
Yes but you have also had 6 managers in the same time as them having 10 so I was pointing out that spurs have no high ground to preach from regarding managers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.