The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Josh Blue said:
Watch Holtby for them, now he is a team player. So is Dembele, joy to watch.

What does Dembele actually do? Apart from dribbling past a player and then passing backwards immediately, I just cannot see what he does. He doesn't give the ball away often but does nothing with it.

Manc in London said:
Josh Blue said:

What does Dembele actually do? Apart from dribbling past a player and then passing backwards immediately, I just cannot see what he does. He doesn't give the ball away often but does nothing with it.

Wins us matches.

Spurs haven't lost a match this season when Dembele has been on the pitch...

P0186_zps00c9cf05.png

...we were leading 1-0 at Everton before Dembele was subbed-off.

Manc in London said:
Josh Blue said:

He is a great player mate. One of the best dribblers about, retains the ball well, strong in the tackle, distributes well and has a great shot on him. Scored a cracking winner against Lyon the other day. Him, Holtby and Sandro are top players. I would be happy to see any of them young midfielders at City. Bale gets the headlines but Spurs play some great stuff.

I hate tottenham more than anyone and cant deny they have an excellent squad, play good football and have one of the worlds best players in Bale

Hopefully, they wont get 4th, Bale leaves and they can crumble into non existence

Josh Blue said:
Manc in London said:
Josh Blue said:

He is a great player mate. One of the best dribblers about, retains the ball well, strong in the tackle, distributes well and has a great shot on him. Scored a cracking winner against Lyon the other day. Him, Holtby and Sandro are top players. I would be happy to see any of them young midfielders at City. Bale gets the headlines but Spurs play some great stuff.

He can dribble but he does nothing with it. As for his shooting, he has scored something like one league goal. Defensively he contributes but he does appear to lose the ball often for someone rated highly. I just cannot see why he is hyped so much. Milner is far better, as is Barry.

THFC6061 said:
Manc in London said:
Josh Blue said:

Wins us matches.

P0186_zps00c9cf05.png

I'd say only 4 or 5 of those are difficult matches. Hehas only played in two matches against top 6 teams. As for the Everton game, why was he subbed?

You produced similar stats for Ledley King last season. Then we all laughed at you as you struggled to win games at the end of the season.

Manc in London said:
THFC6061 said:
Manc in London said:

Wins us matches.

P0186_zps00c9cf05.png

I'd say only 4 or 5 of those are difficult matches. Hehas only played in two matches against top 6 teams. As for the Everton game, why was he subbed?

You produced similar stats for Ledley King last season. Then we all laughed at you as you struggled to win games at the end of the season.
He sure does love his stats. Proper little anorak is Mr 6061!

Same, never got the hype about Dembele. There are 2 reasons for your performances with/without him.
1. His replacement (usually Huddlestone) is so poor that anyone will be an improvement over him.
2. As already pointed out, he has sit out in some tough matches.

bleed.blue said:
Same, never got the hype about Dembele. There are 2 reasons for your performances with/without him.
1. His replacement (usually Huddlestone) is so poor that anyone will be an improvement over him.
2. As already pointed out, he has sit out in some tough matches.

No, Dembele hasn't "sat out" any matches - he was still with Fulham for the first two games of the season and picked-up an injury which kept him out of eight matches.

Spurs only managed two wins from those eight games - Southampton away and Maribor at home.

Dembele's contribution to Tottenham's good form has been massive this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.