The Tottenham Thread 12/13

MSP said:
Spurs have some very hard schedule for the rest of the season, it's going to be very difficult for them to keep their current position.

Arsenal (H)
Inter Milan (H)
Liverpool (A)
Inter Milan (A)
Fulham (H)
Swansea (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
City (H)
Wigan (A)
Southampton (H)
Stoke (A)
Sunderland (H)

Fulham, Stoke and maybe Sunderland are only 3 games where they won't play against a team that don't play for something important. Swansea too yes, but they're good enough to give them a game at home. That's 10 hard games (at least, Europa League can add more if they beat Inter) in last 2 months.

Chelseahave some hard games too, specially since they are still in both Europa League and FA Cup.

Arsenal have the easiest run of three of them and can concentrate on the league only.

I knew they had a difficult run coming up, but fuck me that is very tricky, right through to til the end of the season.

That being said, I can still see them beating Arsenal this weekend and grabbing a draw against you at WHL. I don't think they'll miss out on a CL spot, but I can't see them challenging you for 2nd either, in all honesty.

Arsenal (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 0
Fulham (H) - 3
Swansea (A) - 1
Everton (H) - 3
Chelsea (A) - 0
City (H) - 1
Wigan (A) - 3
Southampton (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 1
Sunderland (H) - 3

I actually think at this point that Chelsea missing out on 4th is more likely than Arsenal, given the manager situation. That's regardless of whether we lose or win the NLD on sunday.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 am --<br /><br />
sjk2008 said:
MSP said:
Spurs have some very hard schedule for the rest of the season, it's going to be very difficult for them to keep their current position.

Arsenal (H)
Inter Milan (H)
Liverpool (A)
Inter Milan (A)
Fulham (H)
Swansea (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
City (H)
Wigan (A)
Southampton (H)
Stoke (A)
Sunderland (H)

Fulham, Stoke and maybe Sunderland are only 3 games where they won't play against a team that don't play for something important. Swansea too yes, but they're good enough to give them a game at home. That's 10 hard games (at least, Europa League can add more if they beat Inter) in last 2 months.

Chelseahave some hard games too, specially since they are still in both Europa League and FA Cup.

Arsenal have the easiest run of three of them and can concentrate on the league only.

I knew they had a difficult run coming up, but fuck me that is very tricky, right through to til the end of the season.

That being said, I can still see them beating Arsenal this weekend and grabbing a draw against you at WHL. I don't think they'll miss out on a CL spot, but I can't see them challenging you for 2nd either, in all honesty.

Arsenal (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 0
Fulham (H) - 3
Swansea (A) - 1
Everton (H) - 3
Chelsea (A) - 0
City (H) - 1
Wigan (A) - 3
Southampton (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 1
Sunderland (H) - 3

If those are our results I would be pretty confident in finishing 3rd. We would finish on 72 points which means Arsenal would need 25 points out of 30 to finish level with us, probably ahead on goal difference.

They're not playing particularly well at the moment, but the quality of the squad is pulling them through each game. Impressive to see, they're developing a good mentality at Spurs.

Where are our resident Spurs fans? I thought they'd be telling us 2nd isn't safe. Not even one fucking graph off the poster 6061.

Picking between Arsenal and Tottenham is kinda like picking between a team of murderers and a team of rapists but I hate Wenger and the Tarquins more so.... well done Spurs.

MSP said:

Arsenal (H)
Inter Milan (H)
Liverpool (A)
Inter Milan (A)
Fulham (H)
Swansea (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
City (H)
Wigan (A)
Southampton (H)
Stoke (A)
Sunderland (H)

That does look tough ! Unlike most of us I have always had a lot of time for Spurs. It was only with the appointment of their previous Manager who I think is a poison in the game that altered my view.

I hope they finish 3rd and Everton 4th.

My pundits view - Chelsea 3rd and Spurs 4th

mcmanus said:
Where are our resident Spurs fans? I thought they'd be telling us 2nd isn't safe. Not even one fucking graph off the poster 6061.

Picking between Arsenal and Tottenham is kinda like picking between a team of murderers and a team of rapists but I hate Wenger and the Tarquins more so.... well done Spurs.
I haven't been able to do anything except drink since the match ended. Finally getting around to all of the post-match reading. Vertonghen and Dawson were the difference in the game. If Vermaelen(?) and Mertesuck had played half as well as their counterparts Arsenal might have gotten something from it.

Oh, did I mention second isn't safe? :-)

mcmanus said:

If 6061 posts another bloody table of those ever-so-interesting stats, I expect whatever mod is on duty to do the right thing and wield the banhammer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.