The Tottenham Thread 12/13

bleed.blue said:
:)
This last to this year comparison seems to be your favorite. Good luck with getting 23 points in these 10 games. :)

It seems a reasonable target, given the reasons I've already mentioned.

Spurs are a much better team than we were last season, even given the fact that we've lost three key players - Ledley King, Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart.

In fact, we're a point ahead of our last season's total after 28 matches.

City had 66 points after 28 matches in 2011-12, but you've only won 59 points at the same stage this season.

Those seven missing points can't be down to losing key players, because none went.

THFC6061 said:
bleed.blue said:
:)
This last to this year comparison seems to be your favorite. Good luck with getting 23 points in these 10 games. :)

It seems a reasonable target, given the reasons I've already mentioned.

Spurs are a much better team than we were last season, even given the fact that we've lost three key players - Ledley King, Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart.

In fact, we're a point ahead of our last season's total after 28 matches.

City had 66 points after 28 matches in 2011-12, but you've only won 59 points at the same stage this season.

Those seven missing points can't be down to losing key players, because none went.

Losing the derby and missed chances and injuries to key players that didnt happen last season

waspish said:
Losing the derby and missed chances and injuries to key players that didnt happen last season

Yes, every team has injuries to a greater or lesser extent - Spurs were without two first-choice defenders for the first half of the season (Younes Kaboul & Benoit Assou-Ekotto) and Scott Parker didn't feature until mid-December.

Kaboul is still out (although the signs are that he might return soon), we lost Sandro for the rest of the season in January and Defoe & Huddlestone have both been sidelined recently.

The mark of a successful club is how well your fringe squad players perform when given the nod, and ours have been quite outstanding this season.

THFC6061 said:
waspish said:

Yes, every team has injuries to a greater or lesser extent - Spurs were without two first-choice defenders for the first half of the season (Younes Kaboul & Benoit Assou-Ekotto) and Scott Parker didn't feature until mid-December.

Kaboul is still out (although the signs are that he might return soon), we lost Sandro for the rest of the season in January and Defoe & Huddlestone have both been sidelined recently.

The mark of a successful club is how well your fringe squad players perform when given the nod, and ours have been quite outstanding this season.

Reg. those injuries, you do know that even if you have a fully fit 25 member squad, you can still start 11 players only?

You and your brethren have been claiming how Vertonghen and Dawson have been absolute rocksi n the defense. With Kaboul and BAE fit, do you intend to start 6 players in defense?

Similarly, while Sandro is injured Parker covers for him and vice versa. They have never been injured at the same time. At the beginning of the season, you guys were complaining about Parker's injury and now about Sandro.

bleed.blue said:
THFC6061 said:
waspish said:

Reg. those injuries, you do know that even if you have a fully fit 25 member squad, you can still start 11 players only?

You and your brethren have been claiming how Vertonghen and Dawson have been absolute rocksi n the defense. With Kaboul and BAE fit, do you intend to start 6 players in defense?

Similarly, while Sandro is injured Parker covers for him and vice versa. They have never been injured at the same time. At the beginning of the season, you guys were complaining about Parker's injury and now about Sandro.

Because it seems rotation is key these days. Especially with the amount of games teams face.

Having a fully fit squad to choose from means you can take each and every competition seriously.

Who knows whether Spurs would still be in the domestic cups if they had the likes of Kaboul, BAE and Parker available all season. It would certainly help, rather than hinder.

IMO, AVB has done a brilliant job this season. Chelsea should have given him the time to work with Chelsea but it's their loss at the end of the day.

without a dream said:
Fair play for having confidence in you're team but I think it's highly unlikely that you'll only dop 7 points from those games.

I think that depends hugely on our games against you and Pool. I would expect about 16-18 points in the other 8 games, so if we win both of those games we might hit the 23-24 points mark, if we lose both then obviously we won't get that many points. I'm cautiously confident about both games though. If we win this weekend it will be huge for us.

Huge game for Spurs tonight at home to Inter Milan in the UEFA Europa League Round of 16.

I fancy us to take a two-goal lead to the San Siro next week.

Here's Tottenham's record against Italian clubs...

P0201_zps30df264c.png

hope they win tonight.

can't be doing with arsenal or the rags winning in europe.

i was happy for chelsea last year and i want liverpool (obviousbly out now), newcastle and spurs to win in the europa.

plus it's a distraction from the PL.

I under-estimated Spurs in my pre-match prediction.

Very impressive 3-0 win tonight against Inter Milan.

A quiet game for Gareth Bale with just the one goal and one assist.

They say that these matches are never decided after the first leg, but if Spurs don't progress to the Quarter Finals, I'm Gareth Bale's uncle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.