The Tottenham Thread 12/13

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Markt85 said:
Marvin said:
Spurs have a seriously good squad

No they dont

Bale is brilliant and would get in any side pretty much

who else from spurs could you say that about ?

Dembele
Dawson
Lloris
Lennon maybe

Dawson and Lennon wouldn't get in "...any side pretty much"

Lloris might well do, although you have to wonder why a team with just 1 Champion's League season under their belt, and no guarantees of any more seasons, was able to attract him? Maybe the clamour for his signature from the top sides in Spain, Germany, Italy etc simply wasn't there?

Dembele is a strange one, many people seem to be convinced he's a combination of Maradonna, Messi and Ronaldo the way he's spoken about. For me he's a good player, but nothing special. He's 25 now and only just joined a club which can even claim to be halfway decent in terms of size, and still aren't exactly one of Europes top sides. Fulham, AZ Alkmaar, Willem II and Germinal Beerschot are hardly the clubs of a footballing giant.

He's 18 months younger than David Silva, and pretty much the same age as Samir Nasri, who have almost exclusively played for big clubs in Valencia, Marseille, Arsenal and City (in their current guise). A true great footballer would have been spotted, and snapped up, by now. There's no way only 2 years ago Fulham would have been able to get hold of one, and certainly not for £5m!!

Lennon is a class act. I hope bacon face doesn't go after him. Bacon likes those speedy wingers.

Matty said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Markt85 said:
No they dont

Dembele
Dawson
Lloris
Lennon maybe

Dawson and Lennon wouldn't get in "...any side pretty much"

Lloris might well do, although you have to wonder why a team with just 1 Champion's League season under their belt, and no guarantees of any more seasons, was able to attract him? Maybe the clamour for his signature from the top sides in Spain, Germany, Italy etc simply wasn't there?

Dembele is a strange one, many people seem to be convinced he's a combination of Maradonna, Messi and Ronaldo the way he's spoken about. For me he's a good player, but nothing special. He's 25 now and only just joined a club which can even claim to be halfway decent in terms of size, and still aren't exactly one of Europes top sides. Fulham, AZ Alkmaar, Willem II and Germinal Beerschot are hardly the clubs of a footballing giant.

He's 18 months younger than David Silva, and pretty much the same age as Samir Nasri, who have almost exclusively played for big clubs in Valencia, Marseille, Arsenal and City (in their current guise). A true great footballer would have been spotted, and snapped up, by now. There's no way only 2 years ago Fulham would have been able to get hold of one, and certainly not for £5m!!
I think if Dawson hadn't had so many injuries he would of been classed up there with the top defenders and has been immense this season although having vertonghen next to him instead of 1 leg king does help
Dembele for me is a late flourisher, Drogba had not played for a top team until the age of 25. Im not comparing him too Drogba by the way that would be insane.
Lennon is good though on his day almost unplayable its just he only has that day twice a season

Markt85 said:
Marvin said:

No they dont

Who do we have at that level?

The point I am making is that Spurs can afford to loan out Danny Rose and Townsend and these are the two best players at the clubs they are at

If they had Dzeko they'd be above us in the table, and if we had Defoe and a fit Aguero we'd be above Man Utd in the table. There isn't much separating the teams at the top - even if it looks that way in terms of points.

How many games would Spurs have won if they had a goal scorer alongside Defoe?

IH8MUFC said:
Lennon is a class act. I hope bacon face doesn't go after him. Bacon likes those speedy wingers.

Don`t get this thing for Lennon,everytime iv`e watched him he
puts his head down and does a roadrunner running down blind ally`s
impersernation...he can`t dribble and he can`t put a decent cross in

reminds me a bit like SWP at his worst

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Markt85 said:
Marvin said:

No they dont

Dembele
Dawson
Lloris
Lennon maybe
jMpt3.gif

BoyBlue_1985 said:
jimharri said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dembele
Dawson
Lloris
Lennon maybe
jMpt3.gif
haha I should of qualified that answer properly
Dawson couldn't mark a lamp post BB. Remember the 5-1 ''dahn the lane'' last season, when Aguero switched on the afterburners for the fourth goal? Dawson was left floundering in his wake. And weren't Spurs considering an offer from QPR for him last summer (or was it the previous january)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.