The Tottenham Thread 12/13

LedleyKing said:
His pace, strength, technical ability, and 9 league goals help ease the pain of all the diving shite.
As long as he keeps playing at this level and we keep getting results he can dive every game for all I care
. Would prefer he didn't, but it is what it is.

And that is what is wrong with modern football.

Even Chelsea fans booed Drogba (a minority I concede) when he dived to win a penalty against us at The Bridge.

I fucking hate cheats, with a passion. And yes, even if it was/is one of ours.

I'm sort of split on the Bale diving thing - today I think it was a legitimate foul, other times though I have seen him go down theatrically with no contact and clearly not to 'protect himself' and that annoys me.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am --<br /><br />I'm sort of split on the Bale diving thing - today I think it was a legitimate foul, other times though I have seen him go down theatrically with no contact and clearly not to 'protect himself' and that annoys me.

GHoddle said:
I'm sort of split on the Bale diving thing - today I think it was a legitimate foul, other times though I have seen him go down theatrically with no contact and clearly not to 'protect himself' and that annoys me.

-- Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am --

I'm sort of split on the Bale diving thing - today I think it was a legitimate foul, other times though I have seen him go down theatrically with no contact and clearly not to 'protect himself' and that annoys me.

Consequence of diving is now he's going to get the Suarez treatment where the foul has to be blatant for him to win penalties, hope he learns his lesson before signing for City ;)

Bilboblue said:
LedleyKing said:
His pace, strength, technical ability, and 9 league goals help ease the pain of all the diving shite.
As long as he keeps playing at this level and we keep getting results he can dive every game for all I care
. Would prefer he didn't, but it is what it is.

And that is what is wrong with modern football.

Even Chelsea fans booed Drogba (a minority I concede) when he dived to win a penalty against us at The Bridge.

I fucking hate cheats, with a passion. And yes, even if it was/is one of ours.

Nothing more maddening that a blatant cheat. Not happy with Corradi when he went down at The Swamp. But look at those players who are 'fouled' - Suarez pulled BACK by Shawcross but manages to fall forward, Bale blathers on about 'contact' but the contact made on Bale yesterday wouldn't have ruffled a feather on a turkey! Three cards for simulation - the jury has been in long since yesterday and found the shite guilty! If we ever land him, he can cut out that stuff!

That was a very productive festive period for Spurs, who took 13 of the 15 Premier League points on offer.

We start 2013 exactly where we were at the start of 2012 - in third place.

THFC6061 said:
That was a very productive festive period for Spurs, who took 13 of the 15 Premier League points on offer.

Good festive proud for you. I want you to do well as I like your manager. As for Bale, apart from the gay heart thing, he's quality. He's no worse than that cûnt Young at the Rags, but will always be treated different because of who he plays for.

THFC6061 said:

Like last season you will collapse and not do anything deja vu

There's only 4 Champion's League spots available (assuming United or Arsenal don't "do a Chelsea" and fluke the Champion's League) from the league and it'd be a complete shock if City and United didn't take 2 of them, probably the top 2 as well. That leaves 2 spots available, and I think you can legitimately argue that Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton are the only sides in with a shot at them. Chelsea may well have lost last night to QPR, and Benitez is nothing more than a stop gap manager, but I still think Chelsea are the favourites for 1 of those spots, I can't see them not finishing in the top 4 for a second season. So that's 1 spot between 3 sides. You'd have Arsenal as the favourites for that spot too, yes they're not at their strongest at present, but they've not failed to qualify for the Champion's League this millenium whereas Spurs and Everton have 1 champion's league qualifying campaign each since it was renamed back in the early 1990's. Can Spurs qualify? Yes, they would have last season if it weren't for Chelsea's heroics/blind good fortune. Will they? I think they'll just fall short, with a 5th place finish.

Hopefully Arsenal miss out not only this year, but for a few years after that. For too long we have heard that they are a remarkably 'well run' club. Well let's see how well run they are when they don't have the 'guaranteed' millions from the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.