Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tottenham Thread 13/14

THFC6061 said:
Bilboblue said:
THFC6061 said:
Bale still getting over an injury.

FT: Spurs 1-1 Espanyol.

Great to have Sandro & Kaboul back in action today - it's like signing two new players!

No it's not, it's like getting two players back from injury.

Kaboul was out for almost the entire 2012-13 season (he only played in the opening match away at Newcastle), while Sandro missed the second half of the season.

So it's not like getting two players back from injury, as Spurs have never fielded their strongest team.

That sounds awfully like getting players back from injury and nothing like two new signings.

Spurs fans made Private Eye this week:

'Levy could go for Suarez to fill the void' declared a triumphant Mail in what seemed to be quite a scoop about Liverpool striker Luis Suarez moving to Tottenham. The Mirror and Telegraph were similarly exercised by the revelation.

Unfortunately Suarez's agent, Suarez himself and even Tottenham knew nothing of the proposed move - possibly because the entire story was concocted by angry Spurs fans out to exact revenge on the media for Sky News's coverage of the potential departure of Gareth from Tottenham.

On the morning the Suarez 'news' broke, Spurs fan forum users shared, with glee, a series of national news articles littered with quotes, phrases and rumours they had written on threads the previous day in an orchestrated creative writing exercise.

moomba said:
THFC6061 said:
Bilboblue said:
No it's not, it's like getting two players back from injury.

Kaboul was out for almost the entire 2012-13 season (he only played in the opening match away at Newcastle), while Sandro missed the second half of the season.

So it's not like getting two players back from injury, as Spurs have never fielded their strongest team.

That sounds awfully like getting players back from injury and nothing like two new signings.

Let me put this as simply as I possibly can.

Our two first choice central defenders have never played a competitive match (or any kind of match) together.

That is why finally getting Kaboul (and Sandro) back from injury is like signing new players.

I'm sure you really do understand the concept, but are simply choosing to be obtuse.

THFC6061 said:
moomba said:
THFC6061 said:

Our two first choice central defenders have never played a competitive match (or any kind of match) together.

That is why finally getting Kaboul (and Sandro) back from injury is like signing new players.

I'm sure you really do understand the concept, but are simply choosing to be obtuse.

So when we get Aguero back from injury, we can say we have signed a new player as well? Now I am confused though, should this thread be in the transfer forum.......

GornikDaze said:
THFC6061 said:
moomba said:

So when we get Aguero back from injury, we can say we have signed a new player as well? Now I am confused though, should this thread be in the transfer forum.......
Fuck.......that means the Mirror will be reporting our spending as £130m this close season!

THFC6061 said:
moomba said:
THFC6061 said:

You are making yourself look rather silly. Sandro played 22 games last season. It is not like a having a new player.

Since he was injured Kaboul has become Bobby Moore.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:50 am --<br /><br />
jimharri said:
I was always told that talking to yourself isn't a problem. It's only when you start answering back; THEN, you have a problem!

Give it time, Jim. He is showing signs....Delusional, obsessiveness and self-pity. He is also rather hairy.

THFC6061 said:

Too much Shawshank Redemption...

THFC6061 said:
moomba said:
THFC6061 said:

I understand the concept, but believe it's a stupid cliche ridden one.

THFC6061 said:

Weren't your results pretty satisfactory towards the end of the season when Sandro was out injured?
Its not like you will be getting 4 points for a win instead of the usual 3 when Sandro plays.
He started 22 games for you, you won 12 of those, drew 4 and lost 6, that is 1.81 points per game.
The other 16 games, you won 9, drew 5 and lost 2, that is 2.00 points per game.
Your problem last season was there was no creativity in your team except for give the ball to Bale and let him do his thing. Not sure how Sandro is going to help on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.