The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tottenham Thread 13/14

THFC6061 said:
moomba said:
THFC6061 said:
Kaboul was out for almost the entire 2012-13 season (he only played in the opening match away at Newcastle), while Sandro missed the second half of the season.

So it's not like getting two players back from injury, as Spurs have never fielded their strongest team.

That sounds awfully like getting players back from injury and nothing like two new signings.

Let me put this as simply as I possibly can.

Our two first choice central defenders have never played a competitive match (or any kind of match) together.

That is why finally getting Kaboul (and Sandro) back from injury is like signing new players.

I'm sure you really do understand the concept, but are simply choosing to be obtuse.

Put it this way..if you have a car that was broken down and was taken to a garage,the car had a serious fault which meant you had to do without it for a while.
when you get the car back it isnt like a new car, its a car thats been fixed.. It has milage and age and now has a history of breaking down.

A new car has none of these attributes.
Sorry to say it,but it needs saying...kaboul and Sandro are used cars.

Is that obtuse enough for you ??

THFC6061 said:
Tottenham Hotspur have drawn Dynamo Tibilisi in the UEFA Europa League Play-Off Round.

Spurs play the second leg at home.

The teams met before when Dynamo were part of the Soviet Union in the 1973-74 UEFA Cup.

Spurs drew 1-1 away with Ralph Coates scoring and won the home leg 5-1 with goals from Chris McGrath, Martin Chivers (2) and Martin Peters (2).

Spurs were losing finalists that season to Feijenoord.

Went there just after the war late 90s,saw Gio play against Italy.

Tbilisi not the team they were early 80s but its the draw I would have wanted for City over any other as have a few converted Blues out there I would love to see.

Ps Hope you get stuffed,still not forgiven you lot for 81!

bleed.blue said:
THFC6061 said:

Our two first choice central defenders have never played a competitive match (or any kind of match) together.

That is why finally getting Kaboul (and Sandro) back from injury is like signing new players.

I'm sure you really do understand the concept, but are simply choosing to be obtuse.

Weren't your results pretty satisfactory towards the end of the season when Sandro was out injured?
Its not like you will be getting 4 points for a win instead of the usual 3 when Sandro plays.
He started 22 games for you, you won 12 of those, drew 4 and lost 6, that is 1.81 points per game.
The other 16 games, you won 9, drew 5 and lost 2, that is 2.00 points per game.
Your problem last season was there was no creativity in your team except for give the ball to Bale and let him do his thing. Not sure how Sandro is going to help on that front.

Thats it you have done it now quoting statistics There will be a graph being prepared as we speak

Paulinho and Soldado look like two very good buys, AVB seems to have a habit of identifying top players.

The fact that Paulinho to Spurs was virtually done before the confederations cup is impressive as I don't think many people had heard of him before that tournament.

Soldado looks a very good striker, Him and Negredo will both be hits in the premier league due to their physicality.

Seasideblue said:
bleed.blue said:
THFC6061 said:

Weren't your results pretty satisfactory towards the end of the season when Sandro was out injured?
Its not like you will be getting 4 points for a win instead of the usual 3 when Sandro plays.
He started 22 games for you, you won 12 of those, drew 4 and lost 6, that is 1.81 points per game.
Your problem last season was there was no creativity in your team except for give the ball to Bale and let him do his thing. Not sure how Sandro is going to help on that front.

Thats it you have done it now quoting statistics There will be a graph being prepared as we speak

Well I chuckled....... !

Seasideblue said:
bleed.blue said:
THFC6061 said:

Dear god, no. Not another table!

jimharri said:
Seasideblue said:
bleed.blue said:

Dear god, no. Not another table!

The only graph that really matters is the one produced at the end of may.

Spurs XI take on Chelmsford City tonight at the Melbourne Stadium, KO 19:45.

Despite the international friendlies, I would expect a similar squad to the one which beat Cambridge City 5-0 last time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.