The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUDTHEWISER said:
And this is why he should have been fucked
off months ago. Trolling ****

End of the season, spurs wont be challenging for the title and despite spending over a 100 million on players it would be hilarious if they dont make top 4.

for that reason, i want him to stay to laugh at him

Markt85 said:
BUDTHEWISER said:
And this is why he should have been fucked
off months ago. Trolling ****

End of the season, spurs wont be challenging for the title and despite spending over a 100 million on players it would be hilarious if they dont make top 4.

for that reason, i want him to stay to laugh at him
Indeed this would be hilarious but for me it's not
enough to have him keep trolling and graphing the
the place. He should take a leaf out of the other spurs fans
books who at least form a semblance of debate. He just
troll's for trolling's sake

Unfortunately, not every club is blessed with it's own despot who has a string of oil wells at his disposal so we have to manage as best we can, given the meagre resources at our disposal.

Didn't know he'd said this!!!

Why the fuck is he still here?

despot has been applied pejoratively to a person, particularly a head of state or government, who abuses their power and authority to oppress their people, subjects or subordinates. In this sense, it is similar to the pejorative connotations that have likewise arisen with the term tyrant. Dictator has also developed nearly similar pejorative connotations, though despot and tyrant tend to stress cruelty and even enjoyment therefrom, while dictator tends to imply more harshness or unfair implementation of law.

A point away to Everton is a good point, regardless of who you are. In recent seasons City have struggled at Goodison to get any kind of result. Having said that Spurs are now scoring at a rate of less than 1 goal a game, when you consider they've already played Hull, Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Norwich that's not good at all. Defensively they've been very solid indeed, but in modern football you need to be able to score, and score heavily, in order to challenge. The days of George Graham and the 1-0 win are long gone, there's too much creativity and firepower in the Premier League to consistently win 1-0, sooner or later someone is going to score a couple against you, and your strikeforce isn't going to be good enough to get something from the game.

The thing here is that this was an entirely predictable situation that Spurs find themselves in. Their midfield has been strengthened considerably, but their forward line looked thin, and inconsistent, before the season even started. Soldado was a good signing, but he thrives on supply, Defoe is in his 30's, so you know what he'll get you, periods of hot form and goals, periods of absolute dryness in front of goal. Adebayor is a manchild with questionable motivation and workrate, and he's barely getting a look in anyway. Kane as a 4th option isn't title challenging in terms of quality either. Spurs needed 2, or 3 strikers in the summer (with Adebayor being shipped out if possible). They got 1. The lack of goals is the inevitable bi-product of this.

I like AVB but I think his decision to let Lloris continue was fucking stupid and reckless.

It looked to me like the keeper just refused to come off. He felt fine so let him crack on - get rid of this preposterous 'risk averse' society we're in. Nice to see someone with a Trautmannesque level of determination.

Poor Lloris didn't know who he was for a while, so AVB told him he's the arsenal goalkeeper and he went on to have a blinder.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.