The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 2 lge winners have done so by scoring lots of goals can not see a defensive team winning the lge this season and those teams that do struggle to score goals ie spurs and chelsea will struggle to win the lge.

Sandro has yet to concede a goal in his 8 starts for Spurs this season, while new central defender Vlad Chiriches has yet to concede a goal in his 6 starts for Spurs this season.

And that was Hugo Lloris' 11th clean sheet kept in 14 matches this season.

Oh...and if being in equal second place on points in the Premier League is "looking grim" for Spurs, you obviously never saw us play under Terry Neill.

Perhaps it's the current style of play that's making White Hart Lane and Spurs fans so quiet?

Imagine watching 1-0 wins and the odd dodgy penalty almost every week.

Imagine if they could watch Spurs bag 7 against the likes of Norwich.

THFC6061 said:
Sandro has yet to concede a goal in his 8 starts for Spurs this season, while new central defender Vlad Chiriches has yet to concede a goal in his 6 starts for Spurs this season.

Oh...and if being in equal second place on points in the Premier League is "looking grim" for Spurs, you obviously never saw us play under Terry Neill.
Goals for?

Gaylord du Bois said:
THFC6061 said:

Goals for?

Not nearly enough for my liking.

THFC6061 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
THFC6061 said:

Goals for?

Not nearly enough for my liking.
Still 80mil must be sorting that out surely.

Marvin said:
Crouchinho said:
Not sure why these threads turn into a 10 page argument every week but it gets a bit tedious for genuine posters in the thread.

First half I thought we played very well, but as usual not testing the opposition goalie enough. Soldado must be pulling his hair out half the time at the service.

Second half Everton had the half but didn't really test Lloris much either. I don't think Hugo should have stayed on the pitch either he was very dazed.

I'm not sure why AVB starts Lennon, I would have prefered Siggy in there who divides opinion. Holtby seems to be flavour of the month over Eriksen. He shows a lot of desire and commitment but isn't producing them nice through balls like he does in Europa.

Sandro was brilliant, Vertonghen done well as well. All in all a draw at their place is a good result.

At the moment we're above City and United and level with Pool and Chelsea, so in someways that makes me happy, but there is still a lot of work to be done. At least we're sitting pretty despite being toothless
But with the managerial changes, the Hart crisis, and injuries to City's central defenders, you might look back on the 1st quarter of the season as a period squandered. City and Utd should improve, that means Spurs will have to do so too.

The mystery for me is why Eriksen is not playing. He's the creative player but AVB seems reluctant to play him

That's big question for me as well.

And, yes, we will have to improve by leaps and bounds offensively to make the top 4. You guys are sitting appoint behind with United 3 points back and I would expect improvement from both of y'all sooner rather than later. Chelsea will be there and Arsenal don't show signs of slowing, so the onus will really be on us.

And I may be naive, but I can see some goals out of this squad playing in AVB's system. Really when we have looked the most dangerous this year is with Eriksen sitting behind Soldado and Siggy and Paulinho making forays into the box. And what good are all of these new signings if we can't get them a meaningful game? We HAVE to get Eriksen, Lamela, and Chadli on the pitch (not necessarily all at once, mind). And I repeat, I don't think Townsend offers much in a congested affair (which is how most teams will approach us until we show them not to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.