The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THFC6061 said:
ksf42001 said:
THFC6061 said:
I agree with what you say, but it was the Spurs medical team who made the decision for Lloris to continue on Sunday, not AVB or the player himself.

And as they are the same medical team who saved Fabrice Muamba's life not so long ago, I think they have a good idea of what they're doing.

Whether or not there should be a mandatory replacement for players with concussion is another matter entirely.

Wow, I wasn't actually attacking Spurs in general, as I openly stated similar incidents to other players on other teams. This is a sport-wide issue that'll have to be addressed sooner or later. Hopefully sooner, but i'm not optimistic on that.

Since you do apparently want to specifically defend Spurs though, please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Spurs was wrong in this case. It's great that they saved Muamba's life, but they failed Lloris here. The problem is that they may not know if there are longer term ramifications for years.

Also, this story is not over. He probably shouldn't play either Thursday or over the weekend, or for a long as he still feels concussion symptoms. If he plays in that condition and suffers another concussion, it will be bad. Second-impact syndrome is almost always fatal with severe disability being the best case scenario.

Perhaps Lloris should never play football ever again - just to be on the really safe side?

Let's re-cap for just a moment though.

Goalkeeper bumps head.

Goalkeeper unconscious for a minute.

Goalkeeper gets up and tells medics he feels fine to continue.

Trained, competent and qualified medical professionals examine him and agree.

Subsequent scans shows no sign of concussion and that medics and goalkeeper therefore correct.

Lloris probably won't play on Thursday, but that will have nothing to do with any medical condition.

But I fully expect him to be back between the sticks at the Lane on Sunday against Newcastle.

"Perhaps Lloris should never play football ever again - just to be on the really safe side?"

- That was obviously my point, idiot...

"Let's re-cap for just a moment though."

- Ok

"Goalkeeper bumps head."

- suffers concussion

"Goalkeeper unconscious for a minute."

- so bad that he losses consciousness

"Goalkeeper gets up and tells medics he feels fine to continue."

- players would never lie to stay on the field now would they?

"Trained, competent and qualified medical professionals examine him and agree."

- In doing so, they go against all sports medicine procedure for head injuries. Also, no sports team medical staffs have ever been accused of poor care/decisions due to conflict of interest. Never happened ever...

"Subsequent scans shows no sign of concussion and that medics and goalkeeper therefore correct."

- No the scans didn't show no sign of concussion. The CT scan they performed was looking for a brain bleed, which is different than a concussion.

"Lloris probably won't play on Thursday, but that will have nothing to do with any medical condition."

- I'm aware of this fact.

"But I fully expect him to be back between the sticks at the Lane on Sunday against Newcastle."

- and that's what worries me, since that's a pretty quick full recovery from a concussion. Not saying it's impossible, but Spurs doesn't have the greatest track record any longer.

I think it's time to play Soldado in Europe, Look at Negredo scoring a hat-trick tonight albeit against a poor side, It gives him confidence.

MJepsenJensen said:
I think it's time to play Soldado in Europe, Look at Negredo scoring a hat-trick tonight albeit against a poor side, It gives him confidence.

you know what is the most bizzare and funny thing about that..that you pay 26M pounds for a player who seems to score ONLY from penalty(except villa) while we pay only 16.4M for the BEAST

MihaiCity said:
MJepsenJensen said:

you know what is the most bizzare and funny thing about that..that you pay 26M pounds for a player who seems to score ONLY from penalty(except villa) while we pay only 16.4M for the BEAST

If Soldado was playing for City, He would be scoring tons of goals... The dimensions of our side mean that although we might not have scored 5 against CSKA, We wouldn't have conceded two goals to such a poor side.

MJepsenJensen said:
MihaiCity said:
MJepsenJensen said:

If Soldado was playing for City, He would be scoring tons of goals... The dimensions of our side mean that although we might not have scored 5 against CSKA, We wouldn't have conceded two goals to such a poor side.
We'll enjoy our achievement tonight, thanks very much. Enjoy thursday night.

MJepsenJensen said:
MihaiCity said:
MJepsenJensen said:

You may have a chance to play CSKA in the Europa later on this season.

MJepsenJensen said:
MihaiCity said:
MJepsenJensen said:

West Ham

mcfclovin88 said:
MJepsenJensen said:
MihaiCity said:

your assertions are quite laughable to be frank the dimensions of our side, you have lamela, eriksen, dembele,holtby, townsend, lennon who you guys inform are just the best players ever and yet you still cant score so either they aint that good or your full of crap i think its 50/50

mancboy123 said:
mcfclovin88 said:
MJepsenJensen said:

your assertions are quite laughable to be frank the dimensions of our side, you have lamela, eriksen, dembele,holtby, townsend, lennon who you guys inform are just the best players ever and yet you still cant score so either they aint that good or your full of crap i think its 50/50

Of course, you're absolutely right - Spurs should be scoring far more goals than we have been, especially in the Premier League where we have created more goalscoring opportunities than any other club.

However, it takes time for any new player to gel in a team and the fact that Spurs have seven new players who we've had to try to integrate into the side, none of whom have any previous Premier League experience, only compounds the problem further.

Having said that, to be equal second on points at this stage of the season is a fantastic base upon which AVB can build on for the remaining 28 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.