The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Hannah said:
gooner2 said:
aguero93:20 said:
net spend! they've spent less in real terms than any other top 6/7 side

But they have spent a lot of money still mate. they spent 50 million on just two players . Villa boas if he wants to be great manager has to deal with the pressure that comes for few bad results. No good moaning. Best way to shut up people like neil ashton is to win matches. Its as simple as that.
he needs Agenda Aware Propagandists like those on Bluemoon to expose the hacks!

He does not need to do that. He just needs to start winning again. Got two winneable games at fulham and sunderland coming up.

gooner2 said:
gooner2 said:
That be bad decision by spurs to replace him with hod. Avb though needs to undersatdn that when you spend 110 million you got to expect some pressure. He got to grow a thicker skin

But they have spent a lot of money still mate. they spent 50 million on just two players . Villa boas if he wants to be great manager has to deal with the pressure that comes for few bad results. No good moaning. Best way to shut up people like neil ashton is to win matches. Its as simple as that.
they spent 50 million EURO on two players, you lot spent c. 51.2 million Euro on Ozil, they sold 1 player for around 100 million euro, who did arsenal sell? tell me again how much they've spent why don't you?
and I'm not defending spurs or avb, but the media spread enough bollocks without you repeating it.

Proelia said:
Ï
strongbowholic said:
Dunno if anyone has noticed but there seems to be a "Bring Hoddle Back Into Football" movement at the moment. Brazil was banging on about him the other day and how "Glenn's ready to come back…" and today we have Durham waxing lyrical about him, almost comparing him to Rinus Michels in the Fail.

AVB to go and be replaced by Hod? Stranger things have happened in football. Might whack a cheeky tenner on it.
Awww yes glen "disabled people are being punished" hoddle , the twat should never have been allowed on tv again
I'm telling you mate, you watch the press, there's a growing call for him to come back into the game with Talkshite being chief cheerleaders. I'm thinking they must feel he has served his time and been rehabilitated after all that claptrap he spouted.

Just been on Odds Checker and whilst only two bookies offering him as next Spuds manager they do only go 8/1 and 6/1 respectively. In fact Stan James make him 6/1 jt fav with Michael Laudrup.

gooner2 said:

they spent 50 million EURO on two players, you lot spent c. 51.2 million Euro on Ozil, they sold 1 player for around 100 million euro, who did arsenal sell? tell me again how much they've spent why don't you?
and I'm not defending spurs or avb, but the media spread enough bollocks without you repeating it.

I am not repeating media bollocks. I am also not saying we have not spent a lot of money. I am just saying that all top clubs have to face pressure when they face some bad results. Media will always look for story. The best thing is to ignore them and they will soon move on if you start winning. You never win when you go to war with the media. The west ham manager was right to say villa boas was immature to moan about the media. You have to understand that when you paid a lot of money as a manager, then pressure will come your way.

In end if they go on winning run, then he be favour of the month again. Their still in the hunt for the top four and its a long way to go.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:51 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
Proelia said:
Ï
strongbowholic said:
Dunno if anyone has noticed but there seems to be a "Bring Hoddle Back Into Football" movement at the moment. Brazil was banging on about him the other day and how "Glenn's ready to come back…" and today we have Durham waxing lyrical about him, almost comparing him to Rinus Michels in the Fail.

AVB to go and be replaced by Hod? Stranger things have happened in football. Might whack a cheeky tenner on it.
Awww yes glen "disabled people are being punished" hoddle , the twat should never have been allowed on tv again
I'm telling you mate, you watch the press, there's a growing call for him to come back into the game with Talkshite being chief cheerleaders. I'm thinking they must feel he has served his time and been rehabilitated after all that claptrap he spouted.

Just been on Odds Checker and whilst only two bookies offering him as next Spuds manager they do only go 8/1 and 6/1 respectively. In fact Stan James make him 6/1 jt fav with Michael Laudrup.

I be amazed if they went for hoddle who past his peak and laudrup who done a poor job with swansea so far this season. Southampton manager be better bet for spurs new boss if villa boas left i think.

gooner2 said:

The fact that it's net spend is only really relevant in terms of finances. In real 'football' terms, it's irrelevant where they got that 100 million from. They still had it and proceeded to spend it on a load of shite.

Dubai Blue said:
gooner2 said:
The fact that it's net spend is only really relevant in terms of finances. In real 'football' terms, it's irrelevant where they got that 100 million from. They still had it and proceeded to spend it on a load of shite.

Well said. They over spent on 21 year old from roma. 30 million pounds was way over the top. Spurs though is not run by smart people really is it.

gooner2 said:
Dubai Blue said:

Well said. They over spent on 21 year old from roma. 30 million pounds was way over the top. Spurs though is not run by smart people really is it.
With your knowledge of FFPR and expertise in transfer dealing, you should be in with a shout Gooner2 if ever AVB moves on. Or would you not cross the divide between Arsenal and Spurs?

Edit. This is a joke.

Spurs aren't doing great but I feel the criticism is a bit much. However they have spent a fortune so need to improve quickly

As for Hoddle. He's a bit a myth. Did well for England but that was in 1998!!

He's since been less than impressive a Spurs and Wolves if memory serves?

UUBlue said:
gooner2 said:
Dubai Blue said:

With your knowledge of FFPR and expertise in transfer dealing, you should be in with a shout Gooner2 if ever AVB moves on. Or would you not cross the divide between Arsenal and Spurs?

Edit. This is a joke.

I know this is a joke. I of course would never walk the divide. Though george graham and sol campbell have shown it can be done.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Hefner said:
Spurs aren't doing great but I feel the criticism is a bit much. However they have spent a fortune so need to improve quickly

As for Hoddle. He's a bit a myth. Did well for England but that was in 1998!!

He's since been less than impressive a Spurs and Wolves if memory serves?

Hoddle past his best as a manager and i don,t think he that intrested in doing it again. Spurs criticism might be harsh but come with the pressure of being a top six side. Winning soon changes that.

gooner2 said:
Dubai Blue said:

so 30 million on an international from a European top division is overspending and spending 18 million on an unproven winger playing in league 1 isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.