The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad AVB drove the point home about how they have twisted his word. Was listening to the 5Live Podcast and they were questioning about who bought the players again whether it was AVB or Baldini. All the evidence shows it was not AVB.

When you look at any manager and especially foreign managers they tend to want to sign players from their home nation or at least former clubs. For example Benitez brought in Alonso, Garcia, Morientis, Arbeloa, Torees and Reina. Mourinho brought in Tiago, Maniche, Ferriera and Carlvaho. It's normal, because the manager has connection with these leagues, knows them better and the players understand his coaching style. Yet look at Tottenham' signing and the only Portuguese speaker signed was Paulinho. So it seems unfair to judge him on that. Their biggest signing was Lamela from Roma, where Baldini was a former player.

Then the squad was not well put together at all. Looking at the team they have 3 right wingers and just one persona capable of playing on the left. They are overstocked in central midfielders, have a lack of top strikers and a huge weakness in defence.

Just going by the team they should finish 5th or 6th. City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and arguably even Liverpool have a better squad. However, if he finishes fifth I am sure he will lose his job.

The treatment AVB has been subjected is nowhere near to what Mancini received when he was our manager. Ironically, most of it from Spurs supporting journalists, such as Paul Smith.Yet I cannot remember Mancini receiving as much support from the pundits as AVB does.

I am of the opinion that xenophobia is one of the key drivers behind the attacks on both managers. Foreign managers, in general, do appear to have a harder time with the journos.

supercrystal7 said:
Glad AVB drove the point home about how they have twisted his word. Was listening to the 5Live Podcast and they were questioning about who bought the players again whether it was AVB or Baldini. All the evidence shows it was not AVB.

When you look at any manager and especially foreign managers they tend to want to sign players from their home nation or at least former clubs. For example Benitez brought in Alonso, Garcia, Morientis, Arbeloa, Torees and Reina. Mourinho brought in Tiago, Maniche, Ferriera and Carlvaho. It's normal, because the manager has connection with these leagues, knows them better and the players understand his coaching style. Yet look at Tottenham' signing and the only Portuguese speaker signed was Paulinho. So it seems unfair to judge him on that. Their biggest signing was Lamela from Roma, where Baldini was a former player.

Then the squad was not well put together at all. Looking at the team they have 3 right wingers and just one persona capable of playing on the left. They are overstocked in central midfielders, have a lack of top strikers and a huge weakness in defence.

Just going by the team they should finish 5th or 6th. City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and arguably even Liverpool have a better squad. However, if he finishes fifth I am sure he will lose his job.
Newcastle and Everton look more than capable of finishing above them too, reckon avb won't make it to the last matchday though, and if he does, it'll be because baldinis got the sack

Manc in London said:
The treatment AVB has been subjected is nowhere near to what Mancini received when he was our manager. Ironically, most of it from Spurs supporting journalists, such as Paul Smith.Yet I cannot remember Mancini receiving as much support from the pundits as AVB does.

I am of the opinion that xenophobia is one of the key drivers behind the attacks on both managers. Foreign managers, in general, do appear to have a harder time with the journos.
100%. I've said it for a long time, Brit born managers get a much fairer deal when it comes to our shite press. I personally would have kicked Ashton out of the press conference, that is one thing that I agreed with GPC on - probably why he didn't get the amount of abuse that some foreign managers get, he just wouldn't stand for it.

Re: AVB

quiet_riot said:
steviemc said:
Inter Me Nan said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://bcove.me/4vdmfg51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bcove.me/4vdmfg51</a>

Well played AVB, Ashton is a ****.

Whilst i agree Ashton is an utter **** and deserves all the abuse coming his way, you dont get involved in such stuff when you are 9th.

I think spurs would be mad to get rid of AVB, hes a young manager, who I think wasn't in control of Spurs' signings this summer, When he gets his best team, I think they'll start to pick up results.

Thanks for the link!

Good to see AVB stood up and made his point / the truth clear for all to see.
And this journo c**t Ashton still had the audacity to try and twist his words there and then....phew....

Chairman Wesker said:
Great manager I have no doubt he will be a champions league winner.

Really being a major part of the back from team he already has twice!

Not necessarily saying you are wrong but what makes you so certain of that ("I have no doubt")?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.