The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
LFC-Jay said:
Crouchinho said:
Great win but should have scored 4 or 5 goals. Another indication why Defoe rarely starts today

-- Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 pm --
You think Soldado would of done better?
Sorry but i feel that if you give Defoe a run of games he will start scoring soon.
I mean he didn't score today but he did cause problems which Soldado does not do.
Defoe is a far better player than Soldado.
Didn't watch the game, but only speculation and have not even watched the MOTD highlights yet, but I bet is because Defoe can at least make a stab of holding the ball up when it is played to his feet.

I saw the Tottenham line up and thought it was decent. Sometimes you have to drop your best players to play your best team. Funny that if they beat Liverpool they will be likely be top 4.

supercrystal7 said:
jimharri said:
Didn't watch the game, but only speculation and have not even watched the MOTD highlights yet, but I bet is because Defoe can at least make a stab of holding the ball up when it is played to his feet.

I saw the Tottenham line up and thought it was decent. Sometimes you have to drop your best players to play your best team. Funny that if they beat Liverpool they will be likely be top 4.
It helps when you´ve got a team of fookin capitulating surrender monkeys handing you the points - something O´Shoite and Orange would never do against us- fookinmackem coonts - hope the twats sink - Poyet? ex Spuds and Chavs ..mmm........

supercrystal7 said:
jimharri said:

I said last week villa boas best way of dealing with media is not moaning but winning games. He did that at fulham and sunderland and now media saying nothing. Everyone now talking about moyles but it could soon change.

Spurs have done well to get to 27 points as they have beyond average but their be delighted where they are considering how poor they been for side that spent 110 million.

gooner2 said:
supercrystal7 said:
jimharri said:

I said last week villa boas best way of dealing with media is not moaning but winning games. He did that at fulham and sunderland and now media saying nothing. Everyone now talking about moyles but it could soon change.

Spurs have done well to get to 27 points as they have beyond average but their be delighted where they are considering how poor they been for side that spent 110 million.
I think sometimes you have to speak out when there is a blatant witch hunt. The fuss over Loris for one. Even as a young teen I have been knocked out and tried to play on for a bit. If that was another club they would have been praising the lion hearted bravery of Loris.

The best way to shut them up is to win, but they will be back as soon as Tottenham go through a bad period. A huge game for them against Liverpool and then in a few weeks against United. These are the three teams I see fighting it out for fourth.

supercrystal7 said:
gooner2 said:
supercrystal7 said:

I think sometimes you have to speak out when there is a blatant witch hunt. The fuss over Loris for one. Even as a young teen I have been knocked out and tried to play on for a bit. If that was another club they would have been praising the lion hearted bravery of Loris.

The best way to shut them up is to win, but they will be back as soon as Tottenham go through a bad period. A huge game for them against Liverpool and then in a few weeks against United. These are the three teams I see fighting it out for fourth.

But if media do come back if they don,t win then just ignore them and focus on your team winning again. whatever media say deep down means nothing really.

Loris good keeper but still prone to odd mistake like yesterday. Spurs still lack a quality defence and striker and for me did not always spend 110 million well. But their be very happy to be on 27 points without playing that well. They have also benfited from weakeness of their top four rivals in likes of liverpool and united.

gooner2 said:
supercrystal7 said:
gooner2 said:

But if media do come back if they don,t win then just ignore them and focus on your team winning again. whatever media say deep down means nothing really.

Loris good keeper but still prone to odd mistake like yesterday. Spurs still lack a quality defence and striker and for me did not always spend 110 million well. But their be very happy to be on 27 points without playing that well. They have also benfited from weakeness of their top four rivals in likes of liverpool and united.

I think you make a fair point about money spent. Wherever the blame lies, I think it's inarguable that Soldado and Lamela especially have done very little to warrant what we paid for them. Paulinho, imo, has been pretty good for most of the season. And while AVB may not like the stick he gets from the press, something has pressured him into reexamining his system/best XI and it may just turn out that Lennon on the right, Defoe up top, an Townsend on the left may actually work best in this league in a lot of fixtures given the players he has at his disposal.

With all the media talk and fan debate about all sorts, including Spurs, I decided to get a bit of perspective, including looking at the table.

Spurs are only 3 points off Liverpool in second place. They are five above United in ninth. Goal difference is shite mind!

They are still very much in the chasing pack for all their faults (whichever ones you want to pin to them).

Still don't fancy them for 4th, but if they can get the team sorted and start putting in some good performances they might make me change my mind.

Things are so tight its making for a great season.

P.S. For anybody interested, the bottom of the table makes interesting reading too, well worth a look.

My starting 11 would be -

Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Vertonghen-Rose
Sandro-Dembele
Lennon-Paulinho-Townsend
Defoe

more lazy than useless said:
With all the media talk and fan debate about all sorts, including Spurs, I decided to get a bit of perspective, including looking at the table.

Spurs are only 3 points off Liverpool in second place. They are five above United in ninth. Goal difference is shite mind!

They are still very much in the chasing pack for all their faults (whichever ones you want to pin to them).

Still don't fancy them for 4th, but if they can get the team sorted and start putting in some good performances they might make me change my mind.

Things are so tight its making for a great season.

P.S. For anybody interested, the bottom of the table makes interesting reading too, well worth a look.

And as Spurs' next game is home to Liverpool, they could end up right back in the mix!

I wonder what Alan Sugar will have to say about that. (Actually, I couldn't give a toss).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.