The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Going undefeated in the league and winning a treble is not easy.
Yeah people seem to forget what he achieved with Porto, regardless of the Portuguese league he also won the wafer cup and did it in very good style. I don't think the Prem is for him though

I think that's the long and short of it, really. There are players who aren't suited to other countries, so I suppose that means there can be managers too.
it has to be said that Porto had a special squad by their standards and benfica and sporting were weak opposition domestically.

Castiel said:
AVB...

Hate to say I told you so. Spurs playing pretty well now just because he's gone. Exactly like our incredible turn around against Napoli. Though he may have potential, the guy is too stubborn.

I think he just can't seem to make his preferred style of play work. The players just couldn't perform in the "system" he wanted them to play in. Literally every player we signed looked rubbish in our team except defenders, and now all of a sudden they are all starting to look decent again lol.

He might be a fraud, idk. I think his problem is that he believes in a really silly style of football and sticks to it even when it isn't smart. What really surprised me is that many of our players after he was sacked spoke out in support of him, even players that I would think would be jumping for joy that he was gone. Not sure what to make of the whole situation.

GHoddle said:
Castiel said:
AVB...

Hate to say I told you so. Spurs playing pretty well now just because he's gone. Exactly like our incredible turn around against Napoli. Though he may have potential, the guy is too stubborn.

I think he just can't seem to make his preferred style of play work. The players just couldn't perform in the "system" he wanted them to play in. Literally every player we signed looked rubbish in our team except defenders, and now all of a sudden they are all starting to look decent again lol.

He might be a fraud, idk. I think his problem is that he believes in a really silly style of football and sticks to it even when it isn't smart. What really surprised me is that many of our players after he was sacked spoke out in support of him, even players that I would think would be jumping for joy that he was gone. Not sure what to make of the whole situation.

AvB has a similar abrasive and aloof man management style to Mancini imho . Tactically they are astute and both have won stuff before they moved to England. The only difference was Mancini was given a bit more time to win some trophies for City.

I saw him win the Uefa cup and his side were atrocious to watch. I think there's a bit of an urban myth that he played decent football. I think he was just lucky that some players occasionally excelled despite the system.

supercrystal7 said:
IH8MUFC said:
Castiel said:
AVB...

where is the potential? working for bobby robson and jose mourinho doesn't make you jose or robson. his biggest talent seems to be conning people that he is a good football manager. he has more money for being a s*** gaffer than most of us will make for being good at our jobs.
Porto went undefeated last season as well. It's a Mickey mouse league. Not exactly Arsene Wengers job when arsenal went undefeated in the premiership. Because he wasn't undefeated for very long when he was at Chelsea or spuds playing real teams in the premiership. Even the Europa league is pretty average cup these days. Nobody even wants to play in iI but it's still his biggest achievement.

IH8MUFC said:
supercrystal7 said:
IH8MUFC said:
where is the potential? working for bobby robson and jose mourinho doesn't make you jose or robson. his biggest talent seems to be conning people that he is a good football manager. he has more money for being a s*** gaffer than most of us will make for being good at our jobs.
Porto went undefeated last season as well. It's a Mickey mouse league. Not exactly Arsene Wengers job when arsenal went undefeated in the premiership. Because he wasn't undefeated for very long when he was at Chelsea or spuds playing real teams in the premiership. Even the Europa league is pretty average cup these days. Nobody even wants to play in iI but it's still his biggest achievement.
Speak for Tottenham. Chelsea went and won it last year and Atletico have won it in recent times. Swansea and Newcastle gave it everything they have and so have many other teams. With the winner being given a CL place the competition will only grow. Porto won the league by a point last year. It's a two horse race usually and coming second is failure.

At the end of the day I thought Tottenham had the sixth best squad at the start of the season and AVB would get them fifth. With Sherwood I think you at best will get sixth, but it will be a learning experience for him and even he gets fifth does well then he might as well get the job.

Ray78 said:
AvB has a similar abrasive and aloof man management style to Mancini imho . Tactically they are astute and both have won stuff before they moved to England. The only difference was Mancini was given a bit more time to win some trophies for City.

They may both be aloof, but that's where the comparison ends. Mancini won the FA cup in his first full season and finished 3rd in the league.
AVB took over a top 4 side and won fuck all.

Mancini has won a total of 25 trophies; 13 as a player and 12 as a manager. AVB has won 4.

supercrystal7 said:
IH8MUFC said:
supercrystal7 said:
Speak for Tottenham. Chelsea went and won it last year and Atletico have won it in recent times. Swansea and Newcastle gave it everything they have and so have many other teams. With the winner being given a CL place the competition will only grow. Porto won the league by a point last year. It's a two horse race usually and coming second is failure.

At the end of the day I thought Tottenham had the sixth best squad at the start of the season and AVB would get them fifth. With Sherwood I think you at best will get sixth, but it will be a learning experience for him and even he gets fifth does well then he might as well get the job.
I'm sure Roman is doing backflips because they won the Europa a year after the champions league.

Ray78 said:
GHoddle said:
Castiel said:
AVB...

Mancini is a much better manager than avb. Plus he let tevez return putting his ego to the side for the good of the club/team. Something boas wouldn't do with ade.

Sherwood's had a good start. I didn't think it was right to fire AVB, but I think Sherwood deserves his chance. Has a bit of charisma about him, I like him and think the media will too. Adebayor going off is a huge blow though. Motivated he is a perfect striker. Solaldo continues to miss easy chances, but Lennon was very good.

Would not be surprised to see Holtby leave in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.