The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Any club without external artifical funding has to balance their books resulting in salary caps

External artificial funding? What's that then? Investment?

Or pouring petro dollars on the big ol' fire that is a football club.

AJ101 said:
Any club without external artifical funding has to balance their books resulting in salary caps

How is the owner of a club, putting his own money into his own club, classed as external investment ?

Sour grapes for dinner ?

stony said:
AJ101 said:

How is the owner of a club, putting his own money into his own club, classed as external investment ?

Sour grapes for dinner ?

someone shit in his pancakes.

AJ101 said:

You don't work in business do you. No idea of the difference between the shit you are spouting above and investment.

The reason our owner invest these vast amounts of money into city is to market his country to the world! and its a genious way to do it! there is approximately one billion football fans around the world, now a 6th of the world population knows very well about his "kingdom"

AJ101 said:

You're right, no football club makes money and no football club has ever made money, no football club will ever make money. Giant money pit, what are these crazy rich guys doing? If you can see the truth, why can't they?

AJ101 said:

You're right, no football club makes money and no football club has ever made money, no football club will ever make money. Giant money pit, what are these crazy rich guys doing? If you can see the truth, why can't they?

I don't care, I know you City fans are very sensitive about this and I really didn't join this forum to discuss what an Arab Prince decides to do with his familys money. If you really think the "investment" made in Man City is value for money then that's fine but no football clubs really don't make money, the only time this country has seen massive profite by a football club of the kind to offset the "investment" and medium term liabilities that Man City have is when Arsenal sold off the properties in Islington that resulted from their redevelopment of Highbury.

Lots of the money comes back as taxes in to the UK coffers and they're helping to regenerate a brown field site neither of which really directly affect me as I don't live in Manchester (and rarely travel there) and the tax isn't exactly going to make a huge difference in the long run but they can only be good things. I wouldn't be over the moon if I was a taxpayer in the UAE though.

Please don't try and convince me that this "investment" is actually going to be profitable though when all the evidence points to the contrary, I'm sure this has been discussed in other threads so no need to bring it in here if you want to point me to another thread where it's argued out then that's cool.

SWP's back said:
You don't work in business do you. No idea of the difference between the shit you are spouting above and investment.

Yeah I do and I know exactly what investment is, football in general is just a bad one though.

AJ101 said:
AJ101 said:

I don't care, I know you City fans are very sensitive about this and I really didn't join this forum to discuss what an Arab Prince decides to do with his familys money. If you really think the "investment" made in Man City is value for money then that's fine but no football clubs really don't make money, the only time this country has seen massive profite by a football club of the kind to offset the "investment" and medium term liabilities that Man City have is when Arsenal sold off the properties in Islington that resulted from their redevelopment of Highbury.

Lots of the money comes back as taxes in to the UK coffers and they're helping to regenerate a brown field site neither of which really directly affect me as I don't live in Manchester (and rarely travel there) and the tax isn't exactly going to make a huge difference in the long run but they can only be good things. I wouldn't be over the moon if I was a taxpayer in the UAE though.

Please don't try and convince me that this "investment" is actually going to be profitable though when all the evidence points to the contrary, I'm sure this has been discussed in other threads so no need to bring it in here if you want to point me to another thread where it's argued out then that's cool.

SWP's back said:

Yeah I do and I know exactly what investment is, football in general is just a bad one though.

You also lack vision, seeing only what you want to see. It isn't "sensitivity", simply that we tend to have more faith in our owners' ability to realise a unique business model rather than the opinions of rival fans .

AJ101 said:
AJ101 said:

SWP's back said:

I repeat myself

The reason our owner invest these vast amounts of money into city is to market his country to the world! and its a genious way to do it! there is approximately one billion football fans around the world, now a 6th of the world population knows very well about his "kingdom"

AJ101 said:

Hey, I wasn't the one commenting on it, all I've done is handed you a soapbox to stand on and off you've gone. I'm sure you "don't care", similarly to my rag mates who can't stop talking about us. I'm not particularly interested in convincing you of anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.